Chapter-54

Liam's POV

I am finally experiencing the joy of a dream coming true. My dream was to wake up next to Naina at least once. It did come true, obviously not in an expected way because, she slept in the car itself and I carried her here and laid her. Later I slept beside her. Nothing happened last night according to my expectations. Plus this was not morning it was 12:00 at night but I was unable to sleep so technically I woke up beside her.

I opened my eyes to see Naina, sleeping beside me, my hands wrapping her waist. Her lips were slightly parted as she slept. Her small bangs falling on her face covering her eyes.

My gladness vanished when I discovered what hell of mess was going in my life, out of this comfy bed. Why the hell was my life such a big mess. The biggest mess. The amount of drama in my life right now is so much that William Shakespeare can write thousands of plays inspired by this drama. I hope I would have never met Abril. I knew you were a trouble when you walked in.

I know Corey's not my kid, I know. That's strange that how I am so sure. But yeah I am, that's clear because Abril never mentioned him in the last few years. She mentioned Corey suddenly when our engagement was breaking.

But, if Corey's my kid, why am I taking so much pain for that I can just leave both of them behind and walk ahead with Naina it won't matter. No, it will Corey's my responsibility and I need to be in charge of him. But, I know for sure the results of the paternity test will be in my favour.

I kept staring the ceiling, kinda examining it. I stared it as if it was all new for me, although I sleep under it every single night.

'Morning Liam.' I heard the sweetest morning voice at night twelve, I turned my face around to meet Naina's gaze. She yawned lightly, stretching her hands. I turned to see the full size window on the wall and it was dark out. It didn't seemed morning at all.

'Morning.' I replied giving her a small smile, although I was opposing the fact of this time being morning.

'You're worried about the result.' She gave me a glare still smiling at me. Well I was worried about the test result. Obviously I won't agree to it in front of her. Who knows she will lose her confidence if I'll tell her about being afraid.

'No,' I replied as confidently as I can, 'I know results will be in my favour.' I shake my head assuring Naina. She stared me her brown eyes piercing my heart and soul. Like she would pull the truth out of me only with this stare.

'Liam, I can tell you're lying.' She told me stirring closer to me. Now there was no distance left between us. Naina's head was placed on my upper arm but she kept the eye contact. She kept playing with my hair  my hair. I guess she's got some habit of playing with something or other. This was childish but extremely adorable.

To be true Naina's small position change made me forget about every single trouble in my life. I loved this, her soft skin was contacting with my skin sending electric waves through me. I inhaled her aroma, that wasn't artificial but her own fragrance.

' you're scared.' She questioned, rather declared as she kept staring me.

No chances of hiding it, Naina will always peek inside me for a true answer. No use of lying. But I loved the way she caught me red handed, this means she really knows a lot about me.

I nodded in her reply as a sigh escaped my mouth.

She smiled at me and I wrapped my hands around her as she stared me, almost ignoring my touch.

'Don't worry, I will always love you the same, no matter whatever results of this test are.' She said, inducing a passage of satisfaction and relaxation inside of me. I felt like All the weight was lifted from my shoulders.

I don't know, how she manages to believe in me, although we confessed our feelings for each other just a day before. We had feelings for each other long ago, but are feelings enough for building up so much faith in someone.

'How can you believe in me so much.' I asked as curiosity started to take over me. Somewhere this was a silly question to ask, but curiosity can make you do anything.

'Do you know my mother would tell me a story, when I was a kid.' She said, how a story is related to my question. But because I wanted to know the reason. I was ready to  listen to Naina's childhood story.

I gave her a nod, a signal for her to continue.

'There was a poor labourer in a small village, and there was beautiful princess in the same village. Once the princess decided to visit her town, she waved at every citizen there. But when she came across the poor labourer and waved at her, do you know what the labourer thought.' She asked a small smile covering her face.

I gave her an interested look, although I was least interested in what the labourer thought, I was interested in my answer.

'Labourer thought that princess loved her.' She declared glaring me with interest. The Labourer was a fool. Is this the story moral. I can't deny that now I wanted to know what happened next.

'Labourer was stupid.' I said almost immediately and she shot me glare. Wasn't he a stupid.

'Don't judge the characters and listen ahead.' She slammed my arm playfully.'so... Labourer started visiting the princess' palace daily. Guards would drag him out but he would come back again the next day. This happened everyday for years.' She narrated.

If I were the princess I would have never spared this labourer. I would have imprisoned him on the third day.
'One day the princess realized that labourer loved her and she married him.' Naina continued and I gave her a little glare.

'That was senseless.' I commented what I felt. Where the hell was love in this story.

'Wanna know what happened next.' Naina furrowed her eyebrows at me. I nodded in reply, I need my answer or curiosity will kill me.

'Princess asked the labourer, that what encouraged him to do this.' Naina started again. 'He said, 'believe.' Naina finished. The story ended, wait a second where is my answer.

'Where's the answer.' I asked Naina, my mouth a little gaped at her.

'The day you'll be able to justify, labourer's answer. You'll get your answer.' She told me and pulled the duvet over her closing her eyes.

Wait how the heck this story is related me with. I am not a labourer or a princess. How can I justify labourer's answer. Naina made me a fool I guess.

'Naina.' I shake her by the arm but got no reply other than a groan. 'No answers.' She declared and then went back for her sleep.

I don't think I'll ever know the answer.