Chapter Seventy-Nine: Supression

Start from the beginning

"So, where are we going?" Grace smiled at me when I sat.

"You can keep a secret, no?" I smirked.

"I can, why?" She scowled, "baby, slightly scared." I bit my lip.

"You'll see. Don't be afraid." I leaned over and brought her lips to mine, letting her slip her tongue past my lips for a moment before pulling away, making her pout indignantly.

"I'm not." She gave me a crooked smile, "I'd just really love for you to come back here so I can kiss you." I rolled my eyes and leaned back in to mold our mouths together again.

"Alright, Grace, I do have to drive." I pulled back when she started to caress my face. I didn't like stopping but I wanted to get to our date. I was honestly very excited to show off the girl who loved me, who I had an unknown extent of feelings for. I wanted to be able to growl at the ones who ignored the fact that she was my girlfriend, and I wanted to see how possessive she could be.

"Hazel? The road is over there, and that's my leg, not the steering wheel." The human snickered, making me realize I was still staring at her lips.

"I knew that." I muttered although I could feel my face heating up.

"Drive or I kiss you again." She grumbled, turning on the radio.

I smiled and did as she asked.

...

"Hazel?" Jamine's eyes widened when she noticed Grace and I following a waiter to our table. "You brought her here?" Here happened to be a secret hole in the wall restaurant that was a hotspot for Fairies and thus the area with the highest concentration of Fae short of the Night School.

"Jamine?" Grace scowled, still having no clue why we were at a suspicious diner deep in downtown.

"Hello, Grace." She smiled, "does she know what this place is?"

"I will tell her." I smirked back, sitting at a booth with Grace sliding in and putting her hand on my leg.

"Hazel?" Grace asked, eyeing a large tattooed male talking to a young woman with white hair. The man had to be some dilution of goblin or troll, the woman on the elf continuum. "Where are we? What is this place?"

"This is probably the safest possible place you could be short with myself, Megan, or at the N.S. Fairies are notoriously good at keeping people of bad spirit away from the good. Here are the good." She still looked confused. "See that woman over there?" I pointed to a woman with purple hair who looked completely human. But I knew her scent was off. She was typing furiously on a laptop with books laying across her table.

"Yeah?"

"Vampire." I stated. "There is a blood drive run occasionally at this spot, so even the Vampires know about it." I shrugged. "You are probably the first human to set foot in here." I smiled at her.

"Wait, so this is like a supernatural hub?" She looked at all the humanesque Fae scurrying around the shop.

"Mhm." I put my hand on top of the one Grace had left on my thigh, slipping between her fingers and holding her tight. Leaning closer whole she was still looking around, I planted a kiss on the corner of her mouth.

"Hazel?" She put her head on my shoulder again, breathing deeply. "Are you allowed to bring me here?"

"Technically no. However, I intend to make it clear that you are with me and deserve to be kept in the loop."

"Aw, thank you." She kissed me chastely as a waiter came over to take our orders.

...

About halfway through our meal, I felt my phone buzzing. Megan. The first time, I ignored it because I'd told her I was on a date and didn't want to be bothered. The second time Grace made me answer it because she's Grace.