Apparently some people in the world like to sleep in. I wouldn't know what that is like but my car wasn't coming until eleven. 

I ordered breakfast and fed Owen. I picked out his outfit special for today- blue shorts and a white shirt with a matching hat. A few hours later I was able to take a quick shower to get myself ready for meeting Briana.

When the time came, we both got in the car (a longer process than I had planned), and set off for Briana's house. I had given the address to the driver in advance, and Owen and I sat tight in the backseat.

As much as I loved driving through cities and the different places that went to because of Niall, it felt like that's all I ever did. I just drove through them and never got to explore then in their entirety. 

Maybe this trip I would take Owen out to see the city, but it just never worked out. There's nothing worse than having the privilege to travel to so many countries and cities and never being able to see them from anything but a tinted car window. 

Traffic was always pretty bad, but we were at Brianna's house in a half hour. 

As soon as we passed through some gates and security, I could feel myself shake from the nerves setting in. 

I always got this way when meeting new people, and this time was no exception. 

I looked over at Owen's gentle face in the carrier beside me. He was fast asleep, and I hoped that he would be happy when he woke up. Briana was probably nervous enough for motherhood, and the last thing she needed was to have a screaming baby sneak-peek.

We drove down the road, and stopped in front of a group of tan attached-homes. The one with the shiny number "108" was hers. 

"Thank you," I said to the driver as I walked over to Owen's side of the car. My hands shook as I unbuckled Owen's carrier.

With a diaper bag over my shoulder and a carrier in my hand, I made my way over to the door on sea-legs. 

It was a nice day, the sun was bright and it wasn't too humid, but I still broke out in a sweat on my forehead. 

It took everything in me to place my knuckle on the door and knock. I checked my watch- 11:54 am. She was expecting me at 12. I hoped I wasn't too early and she wasn't busy and-

Just as I was overthinking things, I heard a click within the lock of the door, and time slowed down as the knob began to turn. 

I braced myself.

"You must be Alyssa!" Said the tall woman smiling on the other side of the door. 

My face lifted into a smile. "It's so nice to meet you, Briana!" I replied as she opened the door wider and invited me inside.

I knew that Briana was a former model, but her beauty exceeded my expectations. Even when she had a slight baby bump, my eyes were still drawn to her face. She was wearing black leggings and a white T-Shirt... and still owned it. 

My eyes wandered around her house- we walked into a large polished kitchen and there were gray couches against white walls and white floors. 

At least it would match the puke of her future baby. 

"I'm really sorry for inviting myself over like this, but Niall and I thought it would be a good idea to talk to you," I said to Briana. She nodded, but I didn't even know if she was listening because she was pre-occupied with Owen. 

She looked back up at me and invited me into the living room. Like any good hostess, she offered me something to eat or drink, but I insisted on her sitting down with me.