The next day, Niall called Louis and got Briana's information but he said that she wouldn't leave Los Angeles if her life depended on it. 

I didn't blame her, at this point anyway, there must be so much media attention on her. 

It complicated things, but I knew that I shouldn't just give up. She and Louis (and Niall) deserved this, and I had to leave my selfishness behind. 

"There's no way you could go out all the way to LA to see her," Niall said, putting his phone down and put his hands on his head. 

I sat back in my seat, adjusting Owen in my arms as he ate. 

"Yeah, I don't know," I said. "I've just done so much traveling and I just need to stay home with Owen at this point."

There was a pause.

"But maybe it's the right thing to do," I added.

Niall turned his head and looked at me with his curious blue eyes. 

"You spent the last year traveling all over the world for me. It was from New York one day, to LA, to Ireland, to Japan all in a matter of weeks. Are you sure you're ready to get back on a plane so soon?" He asked. 

I sighed. "My only other option would be to video chat with her, and I don't know if this is the kind of news to share over a camera."

Niall laughed. "Says the girl who decided to share our announcement with the entire world over a video chat."

I shook my head and giggled. "That's different and you know that," I replied. "I just want this to be more personable for her, so that she can open up to me. I'm probably the only one who would know how she feels, and she doesn't know that I exist."

Niall shrugged. "It's your choice."

Owen finished eating and I passed him off to Niall to change his diaper, adjusting myself. 

"You know, I'm going back to the UK next week so you might as well keep yourself busy," Niall said, reaching for the cream. "I could get you a flight to go down on Tuesday and be back home by Thursday night."

I smiled at him. 

"That would be perfect," I reached out my hand and rubbed his back as I walked by. I kneeled beside him to look at Owen. 

"Hi Owen!" I said. Owen smiled when he heard his name. Even though he wasn't a fan of getting his diaper changed, it was still something that he had to do many times a day. 

I knew that I was reluctant to go and visit somebody that I've never heard of before, expecting them to open up to me about their fears while I did the same for them, but it was something that I had to do.

It's not like I could cry about it anymore than I already have. 

It was the right thing to do and I just hoped that Briana would be easy to talk to and had the right intentions. 

Once Niall was done changing Owen's diaper, we put him to bed for the night, hoping he would sleep.

Niall never really got to know the sleepless nights like I did, because Owen always slept when Niall was around. It was just like the spontaneous crying fits Owen would have for that long stretch of time when Niall was gone.

Maybe Owen just felt more comfortable with Niall around. There's something special about love, even when you're too young to comprehend it. Owen just knew.

And I did too. 

Owen always slept a little longer and smiled a little bit bigger when Niall was around, and I did too. Niall just has that effect on people and I remind myself how grateful I am to have him everyday, even when he's not around.

The time that I have with him makes up for the time I'm lonely. 

I love waking up with him every morning, even if it is to a screaming baby. 

I love the way he makes me coffee while I feed Owen, and rubs a special spot in my neck. 

Sometimes he pushes me out of my comfort zone, but he pushes me to be better. 

He makes me a better mom, a better girlfriend, and a better person. 

We kept it low-key for the next few days. He helped me pack for LA while he packed some of his things for his trip back to the UK with the band.

I always knew that he was touring again this summer and he would have to start being away more, but it was coming sooner than I thought, and I was getting so used to him being at home with me. 

"I don't know what I would do without you," I said to him as he traded me a cup of coffee for the little boy in my arms. 

"You won't have to know," he said. He got down on the floor and lay Owen beside him so they were both facing each other.

Niall was just so good with his son, I didn't want to know what it would be like without him. I can't even think back to a time where Niall wasn't in my life. 

It was a good feeling.

"The album's almost done," Niall said. "I can't wait for you to hear it!"

I smiled. "Send me clips when you're done and I'll send you clips of me and Owen dancing to them," I replied. "I'm sure it's great."

"I'm so happy with the tracks that I got to work on, and I really hope they make the album," Niall said without breaking eye contact from Owen. 

"The one we were working on together is straight fire," I added.

"Mom's don't say 'straight fire'," Niall responded in disapproval.

I pushed myself off of the couch and sat next to Niall. "I say what I want, I'm a cool mom."

Niall looked over at me. "That's exactly what an uncool mom says," he giggled. 

I shook my head and took a sip of my coffee. "You're so funny," I said in monotone. 

I figured that while Owen was content, it would give me a chance to get showered and ready for the day. Even though I wasn't going out, maybe it would seem like I was. 

It's been so long since Niall and I went on any type of date or spent time together outside of the house, but it was pretty hard to do in New York City.

I was probably lucky enough that he was kept hidden and we didn't have fans knocking on the door of our apartment. 

I'd rather have one private place to ourselves that go out and risk it. 

At the end of the day, we loved each other, and we were spending precious time together. 

A/N

Happy Labor Day weekend! I just started school this week ))): I hope everybody has a great school year! HIT THE BOOKS!!!

I also hope you enjoy this update! Keep commenting, voting, and reading- new update soon!

X