Chapter Sixty-Nine: Interlude

A/N: I'm so sorry guys...

...

The first thing I noticed as I came into consciousness was that I was sore. Everywhere. Especially in my nether regions. So achy that I could hardly move. Of course, the something on top of me didn't make it any easier.

I slowly opened my eyes. The something was black haired and part of her back was left exposed by the covers. Little glints of invisible chord appeared on the seam of the girl's injuries. Wait. This wasn't my bed- and Hazel always wore something over her wounds.

The memories of last night came back to me. Ugh. That girl has serious stamina. After she'd (easily) coaxed me into a two digit number of rounds of sex (only her to me though, I was too exhausted to return the favor after the third or so consecutive orgasm the little devil gave me), I remember blacking out right at the peak of another climax. Hazel, regardless of what she did while I was unconscious, was laying on her belly beside me, using my arm as a pillow, her arms around my neck, making her petite chest pop out at me. I noticed some reddish substance around certain parts of her wounds, realizing it was dried blood soon after. I guess last night wasn't just too much for me...

"Morning, baby..." I whispered, putting my free arm behind my head. I felt Hazel's arm twitch slightly, moving up my chest to one of my breasts, squeezing and caressing it lazily.

"Morning." She sighed, a smirk on her lips as she toyed with my chest.

"Zel, stop it, I'm too sore for another round." I chuckled but let her keep touching me.

"I'm sure." She mused, pulling her arms under her to prop herself up. "You passed out last night." She reminded me, smiling. She was being very adorable this morning and, no lie, I fell in love with it.

"Because you couldn't keep your hands to yourself!" I teased, kissing her lightly. "I, unlike you, am only human. I get tired." I added, running my hand over her jaw. She was so damn beautiful. The morning light filtered in through her windows and lit up her face. Her messy hair.

"Grace?" Hazel frowned worriedly at my silence. Aww she cared.

"I love you, baby..." I didn't realize I'd let the words slip. When I did, I froze and slowly brought my eyes to meet my girlfriend's. Hazel looked at me in shock and subtle horror.

"What?" She breathed. Oh no. No, that wasn't a good sign... The walls went up in her eyes, blocking me out. She stiffened, I knew she was close to fighting or fleeing the reality of the situation. Either way she made it clear that she did not want me in love with her.

"Nothing- never mind." I swallowed the intense heartbreak at her rejection.

"What did you say to me?"  Hazel pressed roughly. Why couldn't she let it go? I get it, she wasn't ready, so why can't she just ignore it? "Grace." She hammered again at my resolve. I sighed helplessly.

"I'm in love with you, Hazel!" I snapped, my heart pounding in my chest, not ready for the second rejection I knew would come.

"Stop." She retorted. "I don't want you to be in love with me! Stop being in love with me!" She got a strange look of panic, desperation, confusion, and resentment in her eyes, not at all what I'd wanted or expected from her.

"Well it's not like I can help it, Zel!" I tried again to suppress my hurt, knowing that she was probably just confused with the idea of me reserving an emotion for her.

"Get dressed." She hissed, turning her back to me. That had to mean something, right? She trusted me enough to show me her scars? Even if it wasn't enough, I'd take what I could at this point.