Chapter 47

When I wake up it is still hotter than hell in the bedroom. I turn over and see that Seth isn't here yet. I look at the alarm clock on his night stand and see that it's only six. Seth will just be getting of patrol. I sigh and quickly take out a light blue, two layer tank top that stops above my belly button and a pair of pink booty , after looking at the weather. It's supposed to be really hot today. I jump in the shower to get the smell of sweat off of me. I feel disgusting, having sweat on my body, making my hair stick to my head.

After I am all clean I walk back into the our room with a towel wrapped around my head, and see Seth sleeping peacefully. I smile and give him a quick kiss before running downstairs to see Sue making breakfast, "Morning." I sign while getting a cup of Orange Juice.

"Morning, I see that the heat is affecting you as well." She states while handing me a plate of waffles, eggs, and bacon.

"Yeah, last night I slept in a sports bra and shorts with a fan on high. I hope the heat ends soon." I state while taking a bite out of a piece of bacon, "You don't think I look too much like a slut do you?"

"Well, you do. You don't usually dress like that though, and it's really hot so I think you should be fine."

"You have to work today?"

"Yeah, seven to seven, then I'm off until you guys go back to school." I nod my head and we finish eating. After she leaves I go back upstairs and change my so I don't feel like a complete slut anymore. Seth is still snoring away so I go up to the attic where Seth and Leah's old things are and start looking through all of their baby things. What Sue said at night to me thinking, no I am not planning on getting pregnant until after high school, but Seth and I are meant to be together. Our fate is already decided. That means that we are going to get married, buy a house together, and have children. After he stops phasing we will both grow old together. We will actually have one of those happy endings like in a fairy-tale.

The thought brings a smile to my face and I close the boxes back up. Not before I see an envelope that is labeled, My Love. I get curious and pick it up. I pull out the note that is inside and look at the bottom, it's signed by Seth. I sit back down on the floor and start reading it,

Love,
I know that when I stopped hanging around you, you were devastated. I just wanted to be able to hold you, to kiss you, to tell you that I wasn't going to go anywhere. But I couldn't. Sam's orders. Anyway, I am writing this letter to tell you how much you mean to me. I never want to lose you again. When you were younger, I had feelings for you, feelings that I didn't know what they were because I was to young to comprehend them. When I got older, those feelings never went away, they just grew, and grew, and grew. Now, those feelings are all I feel. I am always so happy when I am around you, and I can never keep a smile off my face. You make me so happy and I never want to loose you. Inside this envelope there is a . It's not an engagement ring, but a promise ring. It's to show you that I will love you until they day I die. That I will try to make you as happy as I can for ever. That I will never hurt you. This ring is to show you that I will someday, turn this ring into an engagement ring. I know that I should be doing this in person, but my mind always goes blank when I try to tell you something like this.
I will love you forever Maya,
Seth.

Tears are in my eyes. This is the sweetest thing in the world. I look in the envelope, but I don't see the ring. What? Where could it have gone? I look all over, in the box that the envelope was in. In every single box there is, under the furniture, in the corners, everywhere. The ring just isn't there, "What are you looking for babe?" I hear Seth ask as he wraps his arms around my waist, "I heard you up here moving things around, making a lot of noise."

"I found the letter that you wrote." I tell him. He tenses up a little bit, but quickly recovers, "I read it over, and I thought that it was the sweetest thing you ever wrote. I was looking for the ring because it wasn't in the envelope." I say as turn to face him.

"Well, I put the letter up here so you wouldn't find it." My heart breaks a little bit, "Don't worry, I was still planing on giving you the ring. I have it in the bedroom. I had this whole thing planned out in my head. I guess I don't need to do that now though." He laughs.

"I'm sorry." I say.

"It's okay. You didn't know. Come on." He gently pulls me down to our room and goes though his top drawer of his dresser, "Even if you already know about it, I want to do this right," Seth get's down on one knee and holds out the box with the ring in it, "Maya Journey Swan, this ring is a symbol of all the promises that I want to make to you. I promise to make you the happiest girl in the world. I promise to never leave you. I promise that we will be together until the day we die. Will you do the honors of accepting my promises?"

"Of course." He slides the ring on my finger before standing up and giving me a huge hug. I hug him back tightly and give him the most passionate kiss in the world, "I love you Seth." I say when I place my forehead against his.

"I love you too Maya." We just stand there for a long time before we leave to go and pack up my things. Today is the happiest day in my life, and it all has to do with Seth. He makes me the happiest girl in the world.