Chapter 23

We sit down in a booth at the only La Push restaurant. It is a pizza parlor but it sells other food because people don't want to go to Forks because of how long of a drive it is. I wouldn't mind making the drive from Forks to here because, if I remember correctly, the people here make really great food. My dad is friends with the owner and I bet, if I asked, I could get a job here. The waiter comes up to us. She is about our age and she is really pretty. Seth holds my hand on the table while the waitress say's "Hey guy's, what can I get for you today?"

"Water please Tabitha." Sue say's.

"Okay, and for you Harry?"

"Coffee."

"Seth, Leah?"

"Um, I'm not Leah." I say.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I am not used to having a different person with them. What can I get for you?"

"Can I please get a Diet Coke with no ice?"

"Sure thing. Same for you Seth?"

"Yes please Tabitha." She walks away and we all talk. "So, you guy's wanted to talk to us?"

"Yes. Your mother and I are worried about you two spending so much time together. We would like it if you guys would take a small brake. Maya, I bet you haven't even hung out with your sister yet."

"We had plans at one point to hang out, but she ditched me for Jake." I say sadly. I really would like to spend some time with her. "Lately, that's who she hangs out with. She get's up early and gets home late."

"Well, maybe you should try to make some more plans with her." Sue say's, "I bet she would really like the company." She gives me a soft smile and I nod my head.

"Okay, I will try to make some plans with her." I look up at Harry and Sue, "Are you guy's saying that you want me to go home tonight?"

"No, you can stay until your dad get's back, but when he does," Harry pauses, "We would like you to spend a few day's with your family."

"That's fine. I can do that." Tabitha comes back with our food. I look over at Seth, only to see that he is making face's at me. I smile and make some back.

"Are you guy's ready to order?"

"Yes, one large Sausage and pepperoni pizza please." Sue say's. Tabitha nods her head and walks back to make our pizza. "So, when did this happen?" Sue asks motioning between us.

"Well, I guess we both have felt things for a while, but we just made it official right before you guys came up." I say smiling at Seth. He smiles back and squeezes me hand. "We actually have a date tomorrow night."

"Well that's great." She replies smiling. "Where are you guy's going?"

"Well, It was going to be a surprise." Seth say's.

"Oh, then you don't have to tell me."

"How are you going to get there?" Harry asks.

"Maybe I can borrow the truck?"

"Without a license or permit?" Harry say's.

"Come one dad please? I promise that I will be careful. You have been teaching me how to drive that truck since I was 5."

"I will think about it." He nods his head and we all talk about embarrassing things that Seth did as a kid.

"Oh come on. Did you have to tell her about that?"

"What? I think it is cute that you wore tights to school."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah." He starts tickling my sides. "Seth, no." I move my body away from him, but that meant bringing my head towards him. He takes that opportunity to kiss me quickly. "You are mean."

"Oh come on. You can't stay mad at me." Harry and Sue were laughing at us being childish.

"Watch me." I couldn't help but crack a smile.

"Told you." I tick my tongue out at him and Tabitha brings us our Pizza. "Thank you." She take's mine and Seth's cups and re-fills them. I grab a slice of pizza and start to eat it.

"So, what do you want for your birthday Seth?"

"It doesn't matter. As long as I get to spend the day with the people I love."