Chapter 36

When I wake up I am freezing cold. I roll over and reach for Seth, but he's not there. I turn the lamp on and notice a note on the pillow,

Morning,
If you are reading this then I have left for patrol. I didn't want to leave but I had to, Sam's orders and all. I will see you later, I promise to stop by after my shift ends at noon. I have a surprise for you when I get off shift so make sure you wear something nice, but not to fancy, and sneakers, we will be walking a long way. Can't wait to see you!
Forever yours,
Seth <3

P.S. Pack a bag with clothes, your medicine and anything else you need for the night.

I smile and get up. I wonder what the surprise is! I look at my alarm clock. 8 in the morning. Wow, I really don't want to get up! I go to my closet and pick out an for later. Next I pack my bag for the After everything is packed I go to the kitchen and make myself some breakfast. I am so bored. I go up to dad's room and grab his laundry after I finish eating. I open Bella's door and see Edward and her still in bed. Bella is cuddled up on his chest, I don't get how she can be when he is Ice Cold.

"Her basket is in her closet." Edward whispers. I nod my head and grab it. On the floor I see the that I had made her for her 11th birthday. "After you slammed her door last night she started looking at that. She felt really bad about telling Charlie about Seth spending the night." Edward say's while walking up behind me.

"Yeah well, it doesn't matter anymore." I lift her basket up and turn away from her closet. "I bet you don't know this, but Bella and I were inseparable when we were kids. After she moved here, she stopped talking to me as much. After she started dating you, she stopped talking to me all together. I moved down here to help her out after you left but she turned to the person who was my best friend. He doesn't talk to me all that much either. He is more interested in Bella. The only person besides my parents, that are interested in me anymore is Seth."

"Maya, you have to understand that the bond between you and your sister can never be broken."

"Yes it can. You proved that to me already. What can't be broken is the bond between an Imprint and the person he imprinted on." I walk out of the room and downstairs to the Laundry room. Usually when I'm in a bad mood I feel like cleaning, now I just want to be around Seth. I go to my room, grab my bag, make sure that I have money and text Embry. Since it is only 8:30 I still have a few hours to get back before Seth comes.

Embry got his license last week. I would ask Jake but he has patrol with Seth and Quil. I see a pull into the driveway and the horn honks. I shut my bedroom door and run out to meet Embry. "So, who bought you the truck? I know for a fact that you couldn't afford to buy it." I ask while climbing into the passenger seat.

"My uncle bought it for me as a late birthday present." I nod my head and buckle up. Dad had warned me that officers are going to be out a lot more this week for some reason. "So where are we going?""

"Any craft store. I want to make something."

"Why didn't you ask Bella or her leech to take you?"

"We aren't on very good terms right now."

"Why?"

"Well last night I texted Seth and told him to sneak in and spend the night. Edward had read my mind and told Bella so naturally Bella told my dad."

"Let me guess, your dad got pissed and grounded you."

"No, he told Seth to keep the door open all night and he slept on the couch. I got pissed because it wasn't any of Dad's or Bella's business if Seth stayed the night or not without Dad knowing. I mean, Edward stays the night all the time without Dad knowing so what's the difference?"

"Well, I see why you are pissed at her." He stops at the traffic light, "So, did you ask your dad about school?"

"Yeah, he said that he will think about it and tell me soon." He nods his head and pulls into the parking lot of the craft store. I grab my bag and hop out. Embry walks in with me and I start looking for things to make a photo album/scrapbook for Seth and I. I know that I probably wont forget anything that happens between us, but I want to have a book full of memories.

By the time we are done shopping for everything it is about 10:30. I want to be home to make something for Bella and dad to have for dinner. When Embry drops me off Dad is standing on the front porch and looks pissed. "I wonder what's wrong." Embry asks.

"Bella has probably told dad something about me that isn't true."

"You going to be okay?"

"Yeah. See you later." I hop out of the truck, grab the bags from the back seat and head towards the front door. "Hey dad, what's wrong?"