Chapter 17

I wake up in the morning and go out to the kitchen. Dad is getting his cup of coffee, and I go to the fridge to get the Orange Juice. Dad hands me a cup and I pour myself some juice. I was about to make some breakfast for Seth, Dad and I, but when I look in the sink, it is filled with dirty dishes. I start having a mini panic attack and look at dad. As calmly as I can, I say, "Dad, did anyone do dishes while I was in the hospital?"

"Um, I don't think so. You are not allowed to do them either. Bed rest." I start moving my fingers towards the sink and then back again.

"Please, let me just do the dishes! They are going to bug me all day now that I have seen them." If you haven't noticed, I have OCD. "Please!" I beg. He finally gives in and I start on the huge pile of dishes. After 20-30 minutes of going at the dishes, and scrubbing down the counters, the kitchen is finally clean enough for me to calm down. My breathing slows down a little and I make some breakfast. Dad didn't complain about this because he is most likely hungry.

I go upstairs and see that Bella's bed is empty. Since her room faces the front of the house, I look out her window and her truck isn't there. I shrug it off and go to get Seth. Normally I would be rude and pounce on him the wake him up, I decided to let him sleep in because he probably didn't get a lot of sleep when I was in the hospital. I go into my nightstand and grab my bottles of medicine. I take out the correct doses and put them back in the drawer.

I walk back into the kitchen and dad looks up from the newspaper. "They getting up?"

"No, I decided to let them sleep. They probably didn't get a lot when I was in the hospital."

"Oh, well, today is my day off. What are we going to do?"

"I don't know. I thought that you, Billy, and Harry were going fishing like you do on all of your day's off." I say.

"Well, if you want to hang out, we could do something."

"No it's fine. You need a brake. You were most likely extremely worried the past few day's because of me. Go and have fun with your friends."

"What are you going to do then?"

"Maybe Seth and I can catch a ride over t Billy's then we can hang out in La Push for the day." I say hopeful. He chuckles but agrees.

I am leaving in a few so you two better be ready by."

"Okay dad. I will get Seth up because he is starting to stink up my room." I laugh. I was just kidding, but he really does need a shower. I walk into my room and get Seth up. "Seth, come on. I have breakfast on the table for you." His eyes shoot open and he falls off the couch. I start laughing so hard. "After you are done eating you have to take a shower. I will get you a towel and you can borrow some more clothes."

"Okay. I will be back in a few minutes."

"Just so you know, my dad is in the kitchen." I say before he leaves the room. After he leaves, I go to my closet, and get some towels and some clothes. When he comes back in, I am putting the pillows back on the couch. I pick up the blankets and take them to the laundry room and throw them in the washer.

I walk by dad and he say's, "Okay, after you get dressed, you have to sit down and relax."

"Okay dad." I didn't put up a fight because I was to tired. I went to my room and picked out an outfit for the day. I decided that I wanted to dress up a little so I choose a dress. I grabbed some extra clothes and put them in my bag, just in case, along with a bathing suit. I have a feeling that I might need it.

I walk into the living room to start to watch some Netflix before we leave. "Hey Maya, where is your sister?" Dad asks.

"I don't know. She wasn't here when I went to get her for breakfast. She is probably with Jake still." I say shrugging. I really could care less if she gets in trouble or not.

"I don't care that she's gone, I would have liked to know if she was coming home or if she was going to leave early. I mean, no note, or message." He shakes his head and goes to get ready for his fishing trip. A few minutes later, we are heading out the door and over to Billy's. The sun is just starting to rise and the sight is beautiful. There is fog set just above the road and if it were night, it would look like a horror movie.