Chapter 34

I sit down on the couch. Seth is pacing back and forth in front of the coffee table. "Okay, imprinting is something that wolves do. It's when they find their other half, their soul mate. When a wolf looks into the person's eye's who they are destined to be together with, the world seems to stop." He looks into my eye's as he explains this, "It's like gravity doesn't hold him to the earth anymore. She does. His world now revolves around her. She is all he can ever think about. She takes over his mind and he falls hopelessly in love with her. He will be anything for her, a friend, a brother, a protector, a lover. He will do anything to make sure that she is happy, he would give her the whole world.

"When their skin touches, sparks seem to fly throughout their bodies." He grabs my hand and I feel those sparks that he is talking about, "When they kiss, nothing can describe how great it feels. They get lost in each other's eye's. Nothing can make them happier than just hearing their voice. If they are separated for to long, they both get physically sick. If the wolfs imprint gets hurt, he feels her pain. If she dies, he dies. They are bond together that someone without an imprint can not see. Nothing can tear the bond of an imprint and no one can get in the middle of it."

"So, you are saying, that we are soul mates?" I ask. Just trying to clear it all up.

"Yes, we are literally made for each other." He cps my cheek with his hand and I lean my head into his hand. "This is the reason you can hang out with us now. An imprint is able to calm down a wolf when he is starting to loose his temper. But if they are too far gone, bad things happen and the wolf will never forgive himself for what he has done. Like with Sam and Emily."

"So, you only like me because of the imprint bond?"

"No, I loved you way before that. Way before I phased. I loved you before I even knew what love was. Maya, imprinting on you has only made my love for you grow stronger than ever before." I can feel tears start to brim my eyes. I never imagined that I would know who my soul mate is at a young age. I smile and give him a huge hug. He wraps his arms around my waist and the tears finally fall.

"Thank you." I whisper to him.

"For what?"

"For everything." He laughs and moves me so I am sitting on his lap. I lean back and kiss his cheek. "Please, never do anything like that again."

"I promise that I wont. I don't think that I could ever say anything to you like that without dying." He leans in and kisses my lips quickly. I hear the buzzer on the dryer but we don't move. We just sit there hugging. There is a knock on the door. That's probably my dad.

"I will be right back. I need to go get my clothes on." He nods his head and lets me up.

Even though I am at the other end of the house, upstairs, I can still hear what Seth is saying, "Hey Charlie. Maya is just getting her clothes on." My eye's widen. Oh my god! I can just imagine what is face looks like. I mean, Seth is standing in front of my dad shirtless with messy hair because of the rain and wind. What other situation does that sound like. I quickly change into my clothes and run down stairs.

"Okay, it is defiantly not what it sounded like dad." I say quickly before he could beat Seth. "We were outside and it started to rain. His hair got messed up when we were running back to the house and I had to wash my clothes and then dry them. In order to have clothes to wear, I stole some of Seth's. They had just gotten done drying when you showed up, hence me putting on my clothes."

"Yeah, Seth had just explained it to me. I kinda figured that's what he meant anyway." I blink my eye's and nod my head. "So, are you ready to go to the store?"

"Yeah, let's go." I give Seth a hug and kiss him on the cheek. He smiles and doesn't let go of my hand until the very last second.