Chapter 16

"Well, when we went to sleep, I slept on my normal side. Now usually, I don't have anyone in the same bed as me, so I don't have to worry about my pump." I start off. I take a deep breath before continuing, "Anyway, that night I fell asleep on Seth's bed while he was playing video games. I guess he didn't want to wake my up to have me move onto the couch in his room, and he wasn't thinking about it, so he crawled into his bed and at some point in the night, because he most likely rolls around in his sleep, he must have accidentally pulled on the cord for my pump."

"Wow, that could have done it. From now on, when you sleep in the same bed as someone, take good care of the side with your pump. Or tape it down every night before going to bed, just to be safe."

"You are most definitely not sleeping over at a guy's house again unless they are gay." I don't know why, but I laughed at this. I almost ripped the needle out of my arm.

"Please don't move while I am drawing your blood." The nurse said, slightly agitated.

"Sorry." I say, still chuckling. So for a few more hours, we talked about random things, memories dad had about me, Bella, Jake and Seth, Sue and Harry came with my bag, that way I could change before I left. Plus, I was told by dad that I was on bed rest until I could get a new pump. I can't really do that, I have to get up and walk around.

"Okay, you are aloud outside once in a while. But you are to have someone with you at all times, except when in the bathroom." Speaking of which, when we get home, the first thing I am going to do, is take a shower. I feel like a scumbag. Seth rode back to the house with Dad and I. He had to sit in the back. I asked dad if I could handcuff him, he didn't have his handcuffs with him. It's to bad, because I thought it would be funny.

When we got home, I went into my room, taking my bag with me, and grabbed a towel out of my closet. I hopped, carefully, in the shower. When I got out I changed into my other pair of pajama's, only because it was getting late, and I felt like being lazy. My dad finally bought my mini fridge, and even a frame for the picture of Jake and I when we were little.

Seth, Dad and I sat down in the living room and watched the game. Dad naturally fell asleep during it so he couldn't take Seth home. Bella isn't home so she is out of the question. Sue is at work and has the only car that they own."I think that you are stuck here." I say to Seth.

"I guess I am." He smiles at me. "Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, anything."

"Well, I was wondering why you always wear that necklace and bracelet." He say's. I look down and look at them. I smile before taking a deep breath. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

"No, it's okay. I look over at dad and smile. Okay so, there are two different stories behind these. They story of why I always wear the bracelet is the one I am going to start off with. When we moved to Florida, my grandmother came down to visit us. I didn't know what was happening because I was only five, but as I grew older I finally realized that it was the last time that I ever saw her. When she visited, she gave me the bracelet. She had me promise that I would never let it out of my sight and she told me that as long as I always had it with me, that she would always be with me. I have only ever taken it off when I take a shower, bath, or go swimming." I smile and then move onto the necklace. I hold it in my hand as I tell the story.

"You remember that when I was five, and I let the day after Christmas. Well, that was the last Christmas that I had spent with my dad, I didn't know that this was happening. He knew that we were leaving the day after Christmas so he bought me and Bella something for us to remember him by." I look over at him and I can see a slight smile on his face, I know that he is awake, but I pretend not too, "Anyway, I don't remember what he bought for Bella, but he bought me this necklace. He made sure that it was too big so when I got older, it would always fit. I was so happy when I got this necklace, I begged him to let me wear it. I don't really take it off, and I don't think that I ever will." I look over at dad again and he is siting on the couch smiling at us.

"You remember that?" Dad asks.

"Of course I do. Those are the two most memorable day's of my life and I don't think that I will ever be able to forget them." He gets up an comes over to me and gives me a hug.

"Okay you two, it's getting late. Go to bed." Seth and I head into my room. I go to my closet and pull out some of Phil's clothe's that I stole before I came here. What? They are comfortable and I love the bagginess of them! "They might be a little big. You can change in the bathroom. I will get the couch set up." When he goes in he bathroom, I take my medicine and get the couch set up. "If you need more pillows or blanket's, they are in the closet."

I lie down on my bed, ad just before I pass out I hear "Goodnight," and I smile.