Chapter 4

I walk into the station and am greeted by my dad talking to two teenage boys. "Sit over there Maya. I will be right there."

"Okay dad." I sit at the deputy's desk and look at the pictures and stuff on it.

"Okay, we will do our best to find your friend boys. When we find something, I will give you a call. For now, just keep an eye out, call us if you hear or receive anything." They guys head out and he tosses his pen onto his desk and lets out a sigh. "I really hate these bare attacks. I guess I can't complain, it is part of my job. Here is the package for Billy. Please be back before dark. I don't want you ridding your bike in the dark."

"Okay dad. See you later." I put the package in my bag and start down the road that leads to the reservation. By the time I reach the sign that tells me that I am entering La Push. From here it takes me about ten minutes to reach the Black residence. I lay my bike up against the house and go on the porch. I knock on the door and who opens the door. The only Billy Black. "Hello Billy!"

"Hello Sweetie! Long time no see. I knew it was just a matter of time before you showed up around here. Your dad would not shut up about you coming back. Just lie when Bella came back. How is she by the way"

"I only saw her for a few minutes. According to dad she wakes up screaming every night. I witnessed it last night." I say sadly. I decide to change the subject. "So, doe he know that I'm back?"

"No, I never told him that you were coming back. I wanted to be a surprise. He is asleep in his room if you want to see him."

"Oh, Dad told me to give this to you." I reach into my bag and hand him the package."

"Thank you. You know where his room is." I nod my head and walk in the room. I set my bag on the couch and head down the hall to his room.

I quietly open the door to see him passed out on his side facing the wall, but close to the edge of the bed. Suddenly I got an idea. I crawl over him and lay on my side facing the wall. A few seconds later, he wraps his arm around my waist. I smile and just wait for him to wake up. I wait, and wait, and wait. After about 5 minutes I start to get bored so I turn over and start poking Jake's cheek. His eyes open slowly before he realizes that there is someone in his bed, who he is cuddling with, and is poking his cheek. "Surprise!" I yell.

"Maya! Oh my god I missed you!" He hugs me closer to him and rolls onto his back so I am lying on his chest. I smile and make it so we can see each others faces.

"So, why don't we hang out or something?"

"That sounds amazing. I can't believe that you're back!" We head out to the living room and sit down. "So, what do you want to do?"

"Wanna go for a walk? Get Quil and Embry and go down to the beach?"

"Well, Embry left us to join a group. I will tell you about it on the way to Quil's."

"Okay, I am going to go put on my bathing suit, You mind if I use your room?"

"Not at all. Just let me garb some clothes." I nod my head and grab my bag. I head down to Jake's room as he walks into the bathroom. I change into my bathing suit and look around his room. The bed is a little bigger, which is understandable since he is a teenager now. I guess you can't keep your little kids bed your entire life. I walk into the living room to see Billy and Jake talking.

"I'm sorry, did I interrupt?" I ask, "I can wait outside."

"No sweetie it's fine. Do you have everything that you need?"

"Yup. Got all my clothes and anything else that I brought with me. Would you mind if I left my bike here?"

"Not at all. Have a nice time at the beach. I will see you later." I give Billy a hug and we start walking down to Quil's.

"So, what happened with Embry?"