Chapter 14

I wake up to a pitch black room, a snoring Seth facing towards the T.V., I can hear someone downstairs in the kitchen, probably Sue getting ready for her shift at the Hospital, and a feeling of dizziness. I try to crawl over Seth but my body feels to weak. I move my head slightly and see that the clock reads 5 in the morning. Seth probably wont be up for few hours. I can't just wait here. I try to find my voice but it is very had. "S-Se-Seth." I manage to whisper out. He defiantly did not hear me. It takes almost everything that I have to lift my arm and drop it on Seth. Still nothing. I use the rest of my strength to crawl over Seth, only to end up on the floor with a loud 'thud.' I was expecting. no, hoping for that. Maybe then someone would have heard that. I wait a few seconds, but nothing. I don't know what to do. I don't have anymore strength left in me to do anything. I am in an uncomfortable position and I don't know what my blood sugar is, or when someone would find me.

I hear light footsteps walking up the stairs. Sue! I take a few deep breaths before trying to talk again. "Sue" just a whisper. I try again, and again, until I finally get loud enough for her to hear me, "Sue!" I call out. It is my normal voice, and I am burned, but I am positive she heard me. She opens the door and the light from the hallway comes rushing through the door. The door is on the other side of the half wall, and I am on the floor right next to the bed, so she probably can't hear me. I call her name one more time before she rushes to the side of the bed that I am on.

"Oh dear. Are you okay." I can't speak anymore. I have just enough strength left to be able to blink my eye lids. "Oh you probably can't talk. Blink once for yes and twice for no okay." I blink once. "I will be right back. I am going to have Harry call for some help." I blink once and she leaves the room. I close my eyes and wait for her to some back. I listen to her wake Harry up, hi complain, and then they both rush in.

"Maya, are you okay." I just stare at him. Seriously, I am on the floor, can't move or talk, and you ask if I am okay. "Okay, that was a stupid question. Don't worry help is on it's way." I blink once and Sue wakes Seth up.

"Seth, get your but up and get dressed." From the corner of my eye I notice flashing lights. Probably the ambulance. "Seth keep an eye on her, I need to get the door." Sue rushes downstairs to wait for the paramedics. Along with my watch that keeps an eye on my heart rate and blood sugar, I have a bracelet that say's that I am a diabetic, have a vitamin D deficiency, and Iron deficiency-anemia. In cases of emergencies, kind of like this. The paramedics rush into the room and start talking to me.

"Maya, can you hear me? Blink once for yes, and twice for no." I blink once. This is really getting old, I just need something to eat. "Do you have any medical conditions that we need to know about?" I blink once. I move my eyes to my right hand so they would see my bracelet and watch. The second paramedic catches on.

"Look at her wrist. There is a bracelet on it." The first paramedic looks at the bracelet and nods his head.

"Okay, get and IV bag started and lets get a move on. This is what is going on miss, her blood sugar is really low and we need to take her to the hospital because we don't have the drugs that can help her in the ambulance." The first guy tells Sue, "Do you have any idea why her blood sugar would be this low?"

"I-I don't know. She didn't eat dinner last night," Sue say's.

"But mom, she made sure to have a snack before she went to bed." Seth explains, "She didn't want this to happen."

"I have no idea why this happened."

"It's okay. Can you call her parent's and have them meet us there." The paramedic rushes me into the ambulance and makes sure that I am buckled in. "Hold on Maya, can you stay with us for a little longer?" I slowly blink my eyes before they roll into the back of my head and I pass out into a sea of blackness.