Chapter 7

Dad had to go back to work, and he had to work late. Quil, Jake and I decided to just hang out at Jake's and watch moves and eat pizza and chips. W Billy stops at the pizza place so we can pick it up. Luckily there is a store right next to it. That way Jake and I can pick up some soda and chips. While Quil goes up to the counter to order the two pizzas, Jake and I walk next door to the store. "Hey Jake. Remember when we were younger and I basically lived a your house?"

"Yeah. When you stayed the night, you refused to sleep in Rachel and Rebecca's room. I volunteered to let you sleep in my room with me so you wouldn't be alone." He said while smiling. I give him a side hug, and he leaves his arm over my shoulder. He is like a big brother to me. I don't know what I would be like if I had never met him. "I still have that picture of when we were younger and I kissed your cheek."

"In your defense, you were dared by Embry and you didn't know that my dad was standing there with a camera." I say. "Anyway, I still have that photo of us sleeping when we were kids."

"It so much simpler when we were kids. We didn't have to worry about anything. Or about what others thought of us." Jake says.

"I still don't care what others think of me." I say.

"So, what type of soda do you want?" I grab some Coke and Diet Coke. We head down the chip aisle and just start grabbing random bags. "What else should we get?"

"Candy!" We exclaim together. We grab skittles, sweetish fish, and whole bunch of other candy items. All together we probably have about $40 in food and Soda. We head back out to the truck and climb in the back with the five bags.

"Think you kids got enough snacks?" Billy asks.

"Defiantly not, we will survive though." Billy laughs at us and we wait for Quil.

"I hope you guys don't mind, but I have to go over to Sue and Harry's after I drop you off."

"Thant's fine. I think we will be fine watching movies and pigging out of junk food." Jake say's. Jake and I start talking about everything we used to do together, like going camping, swimming, snowball fights, and all that fun stuff. We were laughing our heads off about the time that Quil's pants fell off when he was swimming and he refused to get out of the water for three hours, until someone brought him something to change into. That's when he climbed into the front seat of the truck. When we saw him, we just laughed even harder.

"What's so funny?"Quil asks.

"N-nothing." I manage to get out. I couldn't keep a straight face and burst out laughing after two seconds of stopping. "I-I'm sorry. I'm done. I swear." I chuckle here and there, but faced the window so I didn't look at his face and burst out laughing again. As we were driving by the woods I swear I saw a giant Bear run by us. "Did you guy's see that!" I exclaim.

"See what?" Billy asks.

"I swear I just saw a bear!" I say.

"Well, there has been reports of them in the woods. So please, if you leave the house, stick to the road. I don't want you guys to get hurt."

"Will do dad." I never knew that Black Bears lived around here. Could I have imagined it? I doubt it. I will just let it go for now. We pull into the driveway and the three of us grab the food and head into the house.

"I am going to get changed. I will be right back." I walk down to Jake's room and decide that I want to be in something comfortable. I search his drawers until I find exactly what I am looking for. I walk back out to the living room to see Jake putting in a movie. "I hope you don't mind, but I stole some of your clothes. I didn't feel like putting my Jeans back on."

"That's fine. Get comfortable. The movie is going to start in a few." He smiles and then sits on the couch. We watch The Conjuring, Full Metal Jacket, Forest Gump, and are halfway through Mama when the door slams open. Now normally, I wouldn't freak out, but it is pitch black out and I was not expecting it. Also, both Jake and Quil are asleep. I scream my head off and Jake and Quil jump up, landing on the floor.

"What's wrong?!" My dad screams turning the lights on.

"You scared the crap out of me, that's what's wrong! Can you call next time or something!" I exclaim holding a hand over my heart.

"Sorry Princess. You ready to go?"

"Yeah, let me grab my bag and put my shoes on." I put my shoes on, say goodbye to Jake and Quil and head outside to the police cruiser. Seeing how it is almost 10:30 when we get home, I go in, take a shower, change into some pajama's, take my medicine, and head to bed.