Chapter 15

Beep...Beep...Beep...Beep... What is with that annoying beeping? Where is the off button? I can feel the pressure of another hand holding mine. I hear soft, and loud, snores. One has to be my dad. The other, who knows. I find the strength to open my eyes, but regret it. The light is really bright. I quickly closed them. I try again, slowly this time. I look over to my left and see dad holding my hand, his head on the bed, snoring, loudly. Behind him, on the couch, Seth, Jake and Bella were squished, sleeping.

I don't see how on Earth that they could be comfortable. Three people on a two person couch, especially since Jake is growing and filling out. I probably wouldn't have noticed this, but I did just see him a few day's ago, at least I hope that it was a few day's ago. How long was I out? I look to my right and see the button for the nurse. I push it and wait a few minutes. The nurse comes in and smiles at me.

"Good to see that you are awake," She say's, still smiling, "How are you feeling?"

"Good I guess. How long have I been asleep?" I ask as she checks my vitals. "About a day. They never left your side."

"Really?" I look over to the and smile.

"Yeah, there were three of four other boy's too. The two over there wouldn't let them in though, but when they all went to get something to eat, your father let them in for a few minutes." I smile. My boy's, they are never going to let anyone or anything hurt me.

"So, did they ever find out why my blood sugar got so low?"

"Yeah, when you were asleep, your pump came out," She say's with a sad smile on her face, "you had also lost a lot of blood and had to do multiple blood transfusions."

"Really?" I put my hand on the spot where my pump was and wince. "So, am I going to get another one? Or do I have to do the shots?"

"That is up to the doctor. He should be in soon. In the mean time, are you hungry or thirsty?"

"Yeah, what am I aloud to have?"

"There is a menu right there if you want to look," She says pointing to the night stand, "You can choose anything that you want. Just call down and order." I smile and thank her as she leaves. I reach over and grab the menu, calling down to order a peanut butter and strawberry jelly sandwich, some chips and a pepsi max. After I hang up the phone, I turn on the T.V., no use in being bored. There isn't really anything to watch, but I find a movie on Disney Channel. It looks okay, it's called The Thirteenth Year. I had probably seen it before, but I watch it anyways.

My food soon arrives and a few seconds after the person who brought me my food left, Jake woke up to the smell of it. "Wow, you look terrible" I say smiling as I take a bite out of me sandwich.

"Maya! Oh my god you're awake!" He exclaims, waking everybody up in the process. Dad smiles at me and gives me a hug.

"Don't you dare scare me like that again princess!" He 'scolds.' Seth comes over and gives me a hug as well.

"I thought you died Maya! I am sooo glad that you didn't though."

"Umm, thanks. I think." Bella just stands there awkwardly.

"I'm glad that you're okay Maya." She say's. I giver her a smile and get back to eating.

"So, do you know what happened?" Seth asks.

"Yeah, why. Do you know?"

"Yeah, they told us after they got done examining you. The good news is that you only have to get 2 more blood transfusions this month." Dad say's. I smile at him and he doctor comes in.

"So, I have two questions for you doctor." I say, "When can I leave, and do I have to use the shots for my insulin?"

"Well, you can leave in a few hours, I just want to get some more blood drawn quickly." He says while looking over my chart, "As for the insulin, I would like you to use the shots for a few weeks, then when you are all healed, you can get a new pump. Try to be careful when you are asleep this time."

"I don't know how it came out. I never sleep on that side-" I look at Seth and he seem's to know what happened. "Never mind. I know what happened."

"What happened?" The doctor asks as a nurse comes in to start my blood.

"Well,"