Chapter 38

I don't know how long we just stood there hugging. I calmed down after the first few minutes but I didn't want to leave his warm embrace. I take a deep breath and move back a little. I get off my bike and before I could, he grabs my bag. I lean my bike up against his house and he grabs my hand.

When we walk through the door and he set's my bag on the bottom stair. He leads me into the basement so we could watch some movies. "I thought you had a surprise for me." I said after I sat on his not even bothering to pay attention to the movie that he had put in. He places his hands on my hips and smiles.

"I do, but I just want to spend some time alone here right now." I smile and lean in. He meets me halfway. I smile into the kiss and he moves us so I am laying on my back and he is laying on top of me, well, more like hovering over me so he doesn't put a lot of his weight on me. He licks my bottom lip and I let him in.

We stayed like that, on the little sofa in the home theater, kissing for what felt like hours. We stopped when we heard someone walking down the stairs. Our position is a little weird though, he is laying on me with his head in the crook of my neck, and my hands are in his back pocket with my head in the crook of his neck. "Seth, Sam wants to talk to us." Leah say's.

Seth groans and I can't help but laugh, "We better get going then." He groans again and rolls off the couch, taking me with him since he grabbed my waist. Now I am laying on his chest. I stand up and go get my bag so I can change , due to the fact that I am still in my I have no idea how I forgot to change.

When I get back downstairs, Seth is standing in the doorway waiting for me. "Okay, I'm ready."

He grabs my hand to stop me from walking by him, "You look amazing." He whispers quietly in my ear. I shudder and he laughs. I can feel the heat rise to my cheeks. I wraps an arm around my shoulders and we start the walk to Sam's house.

On the way Jake drove up to us, "Hey, you guys need a ride?"

"Um, Maya, you want to ride with Jake?"

"I would rather walk." I say bluntly. I walk further up the road and I can tell that Seth is talking to Jake. Jake drives slowly by me and Seth walks up to me and places his arm around my shoulders again.

"I take it that you are still mad at him?"

"Is it that obvious?" I say, a little to harsh. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap at you."

"It's fine. If I were in your position I would still be mad too." I smile and stop walking. He turns to me and I just wrap my arms around his waist and put my head in his We stood there for a few minutes before he put my on his back and started running the rest of the way to Sam and Emily's house. He walks straight through the door and I follow him. He sits in the last available seat and pulls me onto his lap.

"Okay, so you are here because school starts next week. I want to get the schedules worked out now so we don't have to worry about it later. I know that it will be hard for those of you who go to school so your shifts are going to be cut down." Sam starts off. I lean into Seth's chest and just listen to Sam talk, "Okay, Paul and Jared are seniors this year, Embry, Quil, Seth, and Jake are all juniors. I want to make sure that you wont be to tired to not go to school so speak now if you think you wont be able to work the night shift." Every single one of the raises their hands. I couldn't help but laugh.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to laugh. Please continue."

"It's okay Maya. That reminds me, did you ask your father about going to school in La Push?"

"Well, I did. He didn't give me an answer and right now we are fighting so I will have to talk to him again soon."

He nods his head, "Okay, well, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday nights will be Paul, Jared, and Embry's shift, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday will be Quil, Jake, and Seth's shifts. Leah and I will work in every other night too. Day's will be me and Leah, if there are any questions speak now."

"What time are the night shifts?" I ask. I really want to know if I will get to spend any time with Seth or not.

"It starts at 7 and ends at 2:30." I nod my head. So if he sneaks in after his shift it should be good.

"Okay, so that's all settled, who want's to go cliff diving?" Paul asks with a wicked smile on his face.