Chapter 40

We walk into the house and see Sue standing in the kitchen cooking. I can see tears in her eye's but I don't say anything, "Hey Sue." She gives me a small smile and continues to cook. "Is it okay if my dad comes over for dinner?"

"Sure." I give her a hug and then Seth drags me into the basement.

"So, I saw the present that you bought me." He say's. I was wondering if he was ever going to mention that or not.

"What did you think?"

"It was okay." I look at him. "What?" He smiles at me and then leans in. I lean away from him. He say's it's nice. "I was kidding. I love it. It's up in my room, you want to see it?"

"I know what it looks like."

"I know, I was trying to get you in my room." I slap his arm, but of course he is too strong and it hurts me. "So, do you want to see it or not?"

"Sure, but only if you give me a piggyback ride."

"Fine." He turns around and I jump on his back. "So, are you excited that you might be going to school with me?"

"No." He stops in the middle of the stairs and looks at me. "I already know that I am going to school with you, I am over the excitement." He shakes his head, but I can see the smile at the corners of his mouth. I put my head in the crook of his neck and kiss it. I feel him shudder and I can't help but laugh a little because I love how I have this effect on him. He opens the door and sets me on his bed.

I keep my arms around his neck and he turns around so I am not choking him. He puts his hands on my hips so I don't fall over and he leans in and plants a soft, loving kiss on my lips. I smile and kiss him back. It's not needing, it's just to show each other how much we love each other. "Let's play a game." I suggest after we take a break to catch our breath.

"Sounds like a good idea to me." He smiles and walks over to turn on his GameCube. I take out my cellphone and call the station, no doubt Charlie is back there now.

"Forks Police Department, Deputy Jackson Speaking, what can I do for you?"

"Hey Jack, is my dad there?"

"Hey Maya, yeah let me transfer the call." He puts me on hold and Seth hands me the second paddle. He decided that we are going to play Dark Summit. I love snowboarding, it's like a passion of mine. Dad come's on the phone just as I am about to choose my person, "Hey Maya, what can I do for you?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to have dinner over here at the Clearwaters, Seth! That's cheating i'm on the phone! Sorry, I already asked Sue and I figured that, Pause the game Seth before I beat your ass! Sorry again, I figured that you would like some time away from Bella and Edweirdo over there." Both dad and Seth chuckle and I smack Seth on the head and he finally paused the game.

"Yeah, I will be over after my shift ends in about five minutes. We can talk about school when I get there."

"Okay see you later." I hang up the phone and pounce on Seth, "Next time pause the game." He laughs at me and gives me a sweet kiss. We move around so I am sitting in between his legs and he is up against the side of the bed. We ended up playing different games on the GameCube for half an hour. I know that dad is probably here by now so we decided to get up and see what is going on down there.

When we walk into the Living room we see dad and Sue laughing on the couch. "Hey kids, dinners in the kitchen, we already ate." Sue said with a genuine smile on her face.

"Yeah, when I got here I could hear you guys arguing about a game so I figured we should let you two carry on what you were doing. Who ended up wining anyway?"

"Maya did, only because I let her."

"Keep telling yourself that. I beat you fair and square." He starts tickling my sides and I try to move away but I end up running into the empty couch and falling over the back of it. I can't stop laughing and Seth jumps over the back of the couch, making sure not to land on me, and keeps on tickling me. "Dad! Help!" I manage to gasp out but he just laughs at me.

"Sorry kiddo, you got yourself into it, you can find a way out yourself."

"Traitor!!!" I yell and then we hear a knock on the door. "Help! He wont stop tickling me!" I call out. I hear Sam laughing on the other side of the door and Sue get's up to answer it.

"Hey Sue, do you mind if I borrow Seth for a few hours?" He asks. Seth stops tickling me and I stop laughing. That doesn't sound too good.

"That's not up to me. Ask the girl in charge of him."

"Okay, Maya, do you mind if I borrow your boyfriend for a few hours?"

"Why?" I ask the dreaded question. If it's something important I want to make sure that he will be okay.

"Don't worry, I just need his help with a quick errand for Emily, you can come too if you would like."

"No it's fine, you can borrow him, just make sure that he comes back in one piece, he keeps me warm at night." Sam laughs and Seth gives me a quick kiss and follows Sam out to the truck.

"So dad, have you made a decision about school?" I ask trying to change the subject. I really don't want to think about what they could possibly be doing right now.