Chapter 6

I surface at the top of the water and start swimming towards shore where Jake and Quil were waiting for me. "That was awesome!" I exclaim.

"You are seriously crazy, you know that right?" Quil asks me.

"Yeah. But it was really fun. You guys should try it sometime."

"Maybe when they aren't up there." Jake say's. "Now lets go and get your shirt from up there."

"I don't want to go back up there. Can I just stay here and catch my breath?"

"Yeah, lets lie down and get some sun." We lie out our towels and sit on them talking about random things. Like what we have been up to these past years. They talk about all the crazy things that they have done, for example, breaking into an abandoned prison and spending the night there on a dare from Rachel and Rebecca. Apparently the girls also stayed there and made it seem like the place was haunted. I would have loved to see it. Then this one time they went camping in the woods and Charlie and Old Quil pretended to be wild animals that were trying to attack them. Lets just say that they haven't been camping in the woods since.

"Maya Swan you are the stupidest person alive!" Embry screamed while they walked towards us. Sam holding my shirt.

"Yeah I know. But I proved my point. You guys are not that special just because you can jump from the very top of the cliff."

"Yeah, well you are just a naive little girl who doesn't know shit about anything. No one even likes you, they just pretend to like you because they feel sorry for you." He screamed in my face.

I calmly got up, wiped my legs off, and then punched him right in the jaw. Let's just say he wasn't phased, and I think my knuckles are broken. I didn't cry though. I am to tough and I don't cry. I held my hand to my chest, walked calmly to Sam and said, "May I please have my shirt back. I have a feeling that a trip to the hospital is necessary."

No one said anything. He handed me my shirt. Jake helped me to slip it on, we picked up our towels and went to where my bag is. I sat down on one of the parking things, the things that tell you when to stop driving, and I tried my best to put my shoes on. Qul and Jake ended u helping me and then we walked back to Jake's. When we walked in Billy was shocked to see us back so soon. "Hey kids, what's going on? Oh my. what happened to your hand Maya.?"

"I punched Embry in the face. I don't remember it being it that hard. I think I need to see a doctor though. I think it's broken."

"Let me see it sweetie." I gave him my arm and he carefully looked at it. "Jake, go and get some ice from the freezer. Quil call Charlie at the station and tell him what happened."

"Do you have to tell him that I punched Embry in the face?"

"I think he will be proud that you stood up for yourself. Quil tell him exactly what happened and to meet us in the E.R. Then go and bring the truck around front."

I snap my head backwards and then feel something cold on my hand and let me just say this, it feels so good! "Thanks Jake."

"No problem. Now lets go ad get your hand looked at." We head out to the truck and then Billy drives us to the E.R. Jake and I in the back seat and Quil in the front. We are laughing the entire time about what happened. We decided that we shouldn't tell Charlie about the cliff diving, or exactly what Embry said, just a mild version.

About ten minutes later we arrive at the hospital. I check myself in and wait for my name to get called and for my dad to show up. "Maya! What happened?"

"Well, Jake, Quil and I were at the beach, and then Embry came up and started argue about god knows what. Then I heard my name was mentioned. I didn't want my name to be mentioned in his conversation, so I got up, started to argue with him, and then punched him in the face. His face is harder than I remember it to be though." I say. Stretching the truth a little bit.He shakes his head and my name is called. I explained what happened, well the version I told my dad at least, and then I got an X-ray, confirming that my knuckles were broken, and then got a cast put on it. I choose the color blue for the cast too.