Chapter 5

So Jake told me about how Sam Uley made this gang and he has been recruiting people one by one. First he and the others in his gang would just stare intensely at the next person who we was going to make join. Then that person would get 'mono', which he didn't believe for a minute, and then a few days to a week later, that person would be in his gang. Apparently they are now looking at Jake and he is a little scared.I give him a side hug and he asks, "So how is your sister doing?"

"She's okay I guess. She not exactly doing good but, it's understandable. Her boyfriend and his family left her without any warning. If I were her, I would probably be in the same position." I say. "Well, with the way I saw her eating, I would probably be dead, due to the lack of sugar."

"Yeah. Well tell her that she needs to come and visit me sometime."

"Will do." We reach Quil's house and I hide behind Jake so I can surprise him. Old Quil, his grandfather, answers the door. I poke my head out from behind Jake and say hi then put my finger to my lips so he knows that I want to surprise Quil. He laughs and calls for Quil. "Hey Quil, want to go to the beach?"

"Yeah sure just let me-" I jump out from behind Jake and scream boo. Quil screams like a little girl and jumps really high. I die from laughing. I could barely keep myself up so I had to hold myself up with the door frame. "Oh my god! Don't do that to me! Wait! Maya! Oh my gosh! I missed you so much!" He hugs me so tight that I can barely breath.

"Dude, can't breath!" I gasp out.

"Oh, sorry, let me go get my trunks on and grab a towel." He runs up the stairs and we are left on his front porch.

"I have ever heard Quil scream like that before! It was so funny!"

"Too bad we didn't get it on tape!" We continue to laugh until Quil come bounding down the stairs yelling to Old Quil that he was going to the beach with us.

"So, how long have you been back?" Quil asks me.

"I have been back since yesterday. My dad transformed the garage into a room for me. With a closet and my own bathroom."

"That's cool." Jake say's.

"Yeah, he is buying me a mini fridge because I had a little episode with my blood sugar last night, and there was nothing in the kitchen with sugar, I mean nothing. Luckily Bella had one of her episodes, or else I might have had to gone to the hospital. But dad got me some things from his stash."

"Wow, what do you mean 'Bella had one of her episodes?'" Quil asks.

"Well, apparently she can't sleep throughout the night and wakes up in the middle of the night screaming. I was terrified. I didn't know what to do."

"What could you have done. It was your first night there. You didn't know what was going on." Jake says. We finally make it to the beach, and I take my socks and shoes off. I look up and notice four people on the highest cliff.

"Hey, who are those people up on the cliff? What are they doing?"

"Oh, that's Sam Uley's gang. They are going cliff diving. Everyone does is. Usually people jump from lower down, but they have to prove that they are better than everyone else so." Jake explains. Two of the people push another one off while the other just laughs.

"That looks like fun. Can I try?"

"Sure we can try from lower down though." Quil say's.

"No, I want to try from the top one. They are defiantly not better than anyone else. I can certainly prove that to them."

"Are you suicidal or something?" Jake exclaims.

"No. I just want to prove a point. You guys wait down here. Get ready to get me. Just in case."

"You are crazy." Quil say's.

"Yeah, I have heard that a few times." I say as I walk up the side of the cliff to the top. "Oh, hello, I didn't know anyone else was up here. I just came up here to see the view." I lied perfectly.

"Oh, well, you are welcome to stay." One of them say's. It looks like Paul Lahote, only bigger, and with a lot more muscle. Also, he got pretty damn hot!

"No, you guys probably want to be alone. You know, just friends. I don't want to interrupt." I walk to the edge of the cliff and look down. I suddenly have a bad feeling about this. I look back and see Embry has joined them.He was the one who was pushed off. He looks at me like he can't believe that it's me.

"Maya? Is that you?"

"The one and only!" I smile. They just stare at me. I take my shirt off and set it to the side of me on the ground.

"So, what are you doing up here?" Jared asks me.

"Proving a point." I say.

"What point is that?" Sam asks.

"That you are no better than anyone else."

"How exactly do plan to prove that?" Paul asks, suddenly annoyed.

"Like this." I say before turning and jumping off the cliff and into the water.