Chapter 51

Last night I went to bed with a smile on my face. I had the best birthday of all time, and I didn't even worry about the possibility of being pregnant. I open my eyes, the smile still on my face, and roll over, expecting to see Seth, but I find a note in his place, I forgot that he had patrol today,

Love,
When I woke up you were still sleeping and I didn't have the heart to wake you up. If you need anything just call Sam and Emily, they can help. If it's an emergency, and you need me, tell that to Sam and he will get me. I love you and can't wait to see you at four. Take care.

Love always,
Seth

I smile at the note and look at time time, eight in the morning. Sue left at seven, the same time as Seth, so I am home alone. I take the opportunity to take the home tests. As I wait for the five minutes to be up, I can't help but be a little nervous. I lay face down on the bed and wait for the timer on my phone to go off. As I am waiting I take deep breaths to calm myself down. The timer goes off and I go into the bathroom to look at the sticks. I take a few seconds to debate with myself on looking at the results. I look at each stick carefully, positive, positive, positive, positive, positive. Five out of five are positive. Tears brim my eyes and I back up against the wall. When my back touches the wall I slide down it and bring my knees up to my chest to cry.

Positive. All five are positive. There is no way that there are five false positives in a row. I wrap my arms around my knees and lean my forehead against my legs. I stay there for who know's how long and just cry. Most people would be glad to find out that they are pregnant, but I'm not ready to be a mother. I just turned sixteen for crying out loud. What is Sue gonna say? What is my dad going to say? What is he going to do? More importantly, what is Seth going to think?

I am snapped out of my thoughts by my phone ringing next to me. I pick it up and look at the caller ID. Emily. I take a few deep breaths to calm myself down and practice saying Hello a few times to make sure I don't sound like I was crying, "Hey Em." I say while wiping the tears from my eyes. I hope I sound alright.

"Hey Maya. You want to come over and hang out with Sam, Leah and I? We are having a movie marathon." She say's Sam! I can ask Sam to get Seth for me.

"I would love to, but I am actually about to do something important right at the moment. Maybe next time. Can I talk to Sam for a second though?"

"Of course." I hear her call for Sam. In the distance I hear him groan and I laugh slightly at how lazy he can be.

"Hello?" He asks.

"I need to talk to Seth, it's an emergency." I say.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yes, no, I don't know. I need to talk to him right now. Can you send him home?"

"I guess. Are you sure it can't wait?"

"Positive."

"Okay, if you say so. He will be there in a few minutes." I thank him and say good bye. I throw all of the tests away and go to sit on the couch to wait for Seth. The entire time I am waiting, I am biting my nail and thinking about how things are going to go. What if he doesn't want to be father? What if he doesn't want anything to do with me or the baby? All these thoughts are running through my head, and I start to hyperventilate.

"What's wrong? Are you hurt?" Seth asks, running through the door. He looks at me and immediately wraps me up into a hug, "Are you okay? Sam said it was an emergency."

"I....I'm..." I am having trouble forming the words, "I'm pregnant." I finally choke out, fresh tears running down my face. I feel Seth tense up a little bit. He stops rubbing my arms to calm me down and I just put my head in my hands and cry.

"Are you sure?" He asks after a few minutes.

"I took five tests. All of them are positive." I say, my head still buried in my hands. We are both quite for a while. Neither of us know what to say I guess.

"How?" I thought about being sarcastic, but I couldn't do it. Not right now.

"We never used protection last month. I was due for my visit that same week. What I thought was the flu is really morning sickness and other symptoms." I say.

"Your dad is going to kill me." He whispers. You're not kidding, I think in my head.

"Yeah. What are we going to do?" I ask, looking up towards the wall.

"I don't know. I will support you with what ever decision you make."

"If you are talking about abortion, I'm not going to get one. I don't believe in them."

"I know, you told me that when we were younger. I was talking about if you decide to keep the baby, or give it up for adoption."

"Oh. What if I decide to keep the baby?"

"I would be happy and I would support you. To be honest, I am excited to be a father, a little nervous, but excited."

"Yeah, me too. I want to get an actual hospital test done first though, just to confirm."

"Okay, do you want to go now?"

"Yeah, the sooner the better." He nods his head and I go upstairs to change into a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. I hope we don't run into Sue while we are there. Or worse, my dad.