I am the Alpha - Part 61

Hey everyone :)

Thank you for continuing to read and support this book!

This part is in Zane's Point of view. > Zane is a member of Cole's pack for those who aren't sure. It is the same scene as the last part but in a different pov.

Please: Comment, vote, fan and like :) xxx

thanks again

Enjoy

Ella xx

---

Oh and' > <' now looks like this :' ......' ....: for talking int the link

----

~Zane~

My dusty brown tail twitches slightly as my eyes trail across my Alpha; Cole’s threatening stance as he stares across at Erin who somehow is managing to stand her ground even in her broken state. I gasp wolfishly as she jolts forward as if she’d been pushed, clutching her pale hands to her face, her unnaturally dull eyes wide. I look up at Cole again to see him in deep concentration, eyes locked firmly on Erin, hem must be rummaging through her head but it’s never hurt anyone before, they usually don’t even notice. He’s only ever done that one purpose and he would never want to inflict pain on Erin.

I wince internally as her green eyes flash in pain once more before Cole stops and she looks partially relieved, who wouldn’t be. I turn back to Cole, watching as his mouth drops open in shock. What is it? What the hell could she possibly have been thinking or done that would leave Cole of all people speechless?

“What?” her angry growl breaks through the silence while she screws her face up in pain once again.

“You actually broke the Pack and Tribe links? Completely?” Cole’s voice carries shock and awe. Is it possible? No way ...she would’ve died even trying; she can’t possibly be that powerful! It’s unheard of.

“Yes” her reply is barely a whisper and she sounds so broken and innocent it pulls at my heart. How can such a strong willed girl sound so dead? How could a seventeen year old werewolf break her tribe and pack links and live to tell the tale? It’s meant to rip you apart.

“Why?” That mutt; Keith asks, walking to stand next to his....cousin...

“So you have no reason to hurt them. So I don’t have to feel their agony as well as my own.” Her hatred is obvious as she glares at Cole, her fierce eyes shining. Did she, an Alpha really admit to being in pain? In front of the people she calls her enemies?

“Erin we never meant to hurt you, but you belong with us.” Damn right she does, those East Rivers don’t deserve power like that.... Since when does Cole sound caring anyway?? Guess you have to be with a girl like Erin.

“I will never be with you.” Erin tells him flatly before walking away and turning her back on him defiantly, re-perching on another log, this time actually sitting on it. Any other wolf would be dead right now as of the second they turned their back on an Alpha during confrontation but it’s Erin and hurting her would be pointless.

“Oh, I’m sorry did I make you leave your boyfriend behind too, or should I say boyfriends? ...It was quite hard to tell which one you where actually with.”  He has a point but something about Erin tells me she’s not one of those sluts who throughs herself on guys, not that any guy would mind...

“I wasn’t with anyone, just messing with your head.” Burned. I like this girl she’s feisty.

“I’m sure you have a long trail of your ex’s who’re devastated you’re gone,” Keith joins in smirking stupidly at her partially turned face.