Chapter Sixty-Four : Opperation Set-Up

Start from the beginning

"Cool. Can you understand anything else on here?"

"Mm... Not really. Just some of the syllable's sounds. I'm surprised Hazel hasn't taught you anything."

"Grace?" Speak of the devil, she knocked on the door.

"Come in." I replied. Hazel slipped inside stealthily, making little noise. "Hey, is this yours?" I nodded toward the drawing. Hazel stiffened ever so slightly and hesitated, throwing a discreet calculatory look at Marley and I. I knew her well enough to catch all the subtleties of her usual suspicions.

"Yes. It is an article on a chimerus, a close relative of the famous chimera." She replied loosely, clearly withholding some words from us. But I didn't mind. It's just a thing Hazel tends to do.

"I didn't know you could draw. You're incredible." I saw a flicker of giddy recognition in her eyes, but she hid her smile even though she clearly was fighting it, and she kept a blank countenance.

"Mhm." She nodded minimally.

"Have you considered art classes? You have serious skill."

"I don't partake in any form of paper art. And, no, I hardly consider observational and factual diagram to be a form of artistic expression. There is a clear distinction between scientific and artistic drawing." She sighed, taking the paper, folding it up, and stashing it away in a file drawer in the corner of the room.

"Hazel, whatever you may think, you're a hell of a sketcher." I stood, gently easing Marley up with me. "Alright, you, we're going out. Run along and get ready to go while I give Hazel the details." I gave Marley a kiss on her cheek (which I'm sure Hazel had a problem with, but I'd rather let Marley know I'm not afraid of showing her that I care for her) and as kicked her out of the office as delicately and nicely as I could manage.

"Okay, you have any idea where Micha would be right now?" I closed the door and leaned against it to keep anybody from eavesdropping.

"Her house." Hazel shrugged, casually backing me into the wall. She had a little bit too much jealousy in her eyes for me to be comfortable.

"Zel, I'm slightly concerned right now. Why are you-mm!" Gee, I wonder what Jealous Hazel did! Well, chatty mental counterpart, imagine all the phrases synonymous with kissing, and then add them all together. That is what she did. What did I do? Duh. Absolutely lost all my resolve to be productive. And I found my hands on her waist, urging the small of her back to be as close as possible to my body, and making her fit stomach press into the muscleless blob of mine.

"Not that I mind, but what the hell?" I smiled at the girl, my fingers under all the fabric of her clothes, rubbing innocent circles on her hips.

"You're mine." She smirked victoriously. See, I knew the whole playing innocent thing was an act. And I'd be the first to admit, I kinda like it when she gets jealous. It makes me feel like she cares about us.

"Of course." I pecked her lips again, grinning, my heart breaking a little each time it beat, me, just too happy. I felt happier with this girl than any other, I mean, my friends were something else, but they didn't make my legs wobble or my whole body tingle. I loved her in a completely different way from my friends. They'd earned my trust through years and I was comfortable with them. With Hazel, it's like I have no choice but to trust her, and it's always something new and exciting. "God, you're so cute." I sacrificed one hand to lift and cradle her face, which wasn't really a sacrifice. Hazel leaned more on me, now her chest was on top of mine, squeezed together even more with each of our synchronized breaths.

"Now, what was your plan?" Hazel smirked, her hands on my sides, coming dangerously close to my breasts, down teasingly low to my hips, then the cycle repeated. As soon as she finished talking she put her head into the crook of my neck and began licking, kissing, and sucking there. Oh, fuck, Marley would not be happy if I left having more hickeys Thani did three minutes ago.

"P-plan?" My head tilted back without my command, Hazel laughing a little at my position. If she wasn't pinning me yo the door, I'd've probably collapsed by now.

"Mhm." Dear lord, her hummed response made my skin vibrate and my knees definitely buckled. "Something about your friend." Oh! Right! Marley!

"Uh p-please get off-f of me!" I tried to gently push her off me. Which didn't work. I pushed harder. And suddenly, Hazel moaned loudly next to my ear. Well, I'm currently very bothered. God damn that was hot. "Z-Zel?" My hands tightened nervously and she moaned again. Wait. Where did her hip go? Whatever I was touching was a lot softer than- oh holy shit. I'm groping Hazel. Grace! Hands off now! Unfortunate or something-ly, I'd stopped listening to Tiny Voice in my Head and started kneading at Hazel's breasts. Her back arched, pressing her pelvis against mine.

"G-Grace, w-what are y-y-you d-doing to m-me?!" Hazel gasped, seemingly startled, her nails digging into my hips with how strong her grip was. I don't know, but it's seriously making it hard for me to wait until until your birthday to bed you... Wait holy shit I did not- yeah I did. I did just think that. God damn. What has she done to me?

"I want you, Zel." I uttered, my lips no longer in my control. Hazel cried out again, starting to sort of grind on me.

"Hey!" Someone banged on the door loudly behind us. "What's the hold up in there?! Marley is out in your car waiting!" Leave it to Megan to maintain her status as resident cockblock. Heh, or el taco blocko.

"Dammit..." I hissed, more to myself. Come on, Grace! You're supposed to be helping your friend, not making out with Hazel! But it's not really my fault, I'm mean she started it. And it's her fault for being so damn gorgeous. Oh, shut up, you know it's your fault, Grace. Whatever. "Zel, uh, you wanna let me go?" I took my hands away from her body like she was toxic, but slowly enough so that it wouldn't scare her. "Zel?" I tried again. And nothing. She just kept taking deep, choppy breaths, her iron grip on my waist beginning to hurt. "Hazel?"

"Whatever it is you're doing, I strongly suggest that you save it until you do not need me to do anything else." She muttered.

"Sorry. I didn't think it would escalate like that..." I turned away from anything close to her face, taking false interest in the room's wall.

"What was your plan?" She didn't bother making any effort to hide her change of subject. I guess neither of us wanted to evaluate what had just happened.

"Uhm- uh..." Plan... Plan... What was my plan? Oh! Wait, no... Uh... Damn you, Hazel, and all your untimely affection. Focus! "I don't know... I just need to get Marley and Micha in the same room with no escape until they talk things out." At this, Hazel lifted herself off me and looked me in the eye with a blank expression. "What's that look?" I gulped. Wow, her eyes were blue...

"You're seriously trying to figure out how to go about this yourself?" She cocked an eyebrow. If she wasn't done being hot in like three seconds, I would stop being able to use my brain. Hazel rolled her eyes when I just gave her a confused stare. "Oh for god's sake, me you idiot!" I blinked at her. I mean, I did kinda understand what she was getting at, but she should specify. And she's so cute when she's like this.

"Would you like to help come up with a plan?" I asked, trying not to melt at how cute she was when she was in an indignant/attention-deprived rage.

"Just go get in the car." She snorted, already getting out of the office. She was halfway through when she popped her head back in with a devilish smirk. "You'll be okay with my rendering your friend unconscious, yes?"

"Wait what?!" I exclaimed as Hazel laughed with mischief, running out of the room before I could catch her.

**hey all, sorry for the slow updates :( just been dealing with some personal issues and haven't had the motivation to do much writing, but I hope you all enjoyed the chapter. The next one should be in Marley's pov, just getting the ship to float again. Complete filler. Complete fluff. I think.