Chapter 44: Tablo's POV

I watched as she walked down the stairs from the Music Building. Her soft hair dancing in the cool breeze of the wind, I remember how it feels on my face. Her slow, steady walk of a model, I remember how I used to tease her about it. Her slender body, I remember how I used to wrap my hands around it. Yeah, those were the days. The days when I can still talk to her, still hold her hands, still laugh with her, still hug her tight, still be with her.

But those days are gone now.
And it's all because I had the guts to confess to her.

How long has it been? Three years? Five?

No I can't really recall.

All I know is that ever since I got kicked out of this school, out of her life, there was never a day in my life that I didn't try reaching out to her just for the heck of making her realize how much I've done for her.

I followed her every move, her every achievements, listened to her songs, watched her from afar.

I did everything for her, even after she broke my heart, even if it meant giving up my dreamsz

I smiled bitterly at myself.

Whoever I am now is not her fault. The only person to blame is me.

But still...

How can she not see my feelings?How can she ignore my suffering? How can she not love me back

She stopped walking as if she can sense me sneaking around her. She looked up at my direction and I immediately pulled back.

Funny.

I keep on trying to get her attention but whenever she's about to see me, I pull away
Coward.
The only courageous thing I did was to confess to her. And I got dumped.

I thought Gummy would never come back to this place.

But somehow, I feel glad.

###

As I head back to my office, I immediately sat on my chair as I stared at the video footage in front of me. It is actually one of the security cameras in the whole university. It is not supposed to be here, but this one is special to me.

The camera is focused on an old fountain in a currently-deserted garden.

This fountain is special to me because this is where Gummy and I first met. This is where we always hang out. This is where I confessed to her.

It was another monotonous day for me as I watched the video in front of me when suddenly, a guy started kicking the fountain.

"What the fuck?!" I blurted out.

Whoever this guy is, probably a new student, doesn't know the rules here : that fountain is sacred to me.

I took my radio and immediately dispatched two of my biggest men as I continue to watch the student kick the fountain again and again.

"He'll pay for this!" I swore as I tried calming myself.

Great.
It felt like forever before my men arrived and called out for my presence. It's show time.

"I am the chief police officer here. My name is Tablo." I tried to remain as calm and as professional as I can be but truth be told, I want to kick this kid's face right now. I sat on the swivel chair in front of the kid as silence filled the room.

"I see you don't have good manners to introduce yourself to me."

The kid's got the nerve to smirk at me as if my presence does not bother him at all.

"Why should I? I didn't do anything wrong. I don't know why I am here." He said with a hint of sarcasm.

I signaled my men to bring me two hard bound book which contains the school rules.

"If you have read the school rules and regulations book, you won't be sitting in front of me looking very stupid." I passed him the University Properties: Volume 1.

"We weren't given books like this." He protested. This kid is stupid from the looks of it.

"But of course. The Regulations Book that was provided to you is not exactly the same as that book. It is for the security people, dumbass."