Chapter 8: CL

CL sat uncomfortably beside Minzy. There was nothing wrong with riding on the latter's car - except for the fact that she's so near with GD - her ex-bestfriend. It was just the same feeling she had when they sat side by side yesterday, during the Greetings
Ceremony. At that moment, she alread wanted to quit and walk out. But she held herself. After all, GD seemed not bothered of her presence anymore.

They were so close that their parting was really painful for her, or perhaps, for him, too.

What? You want to open those wounds again? CL thought to herself.

I do not want to but I can remember everything clearly.

Since childhood, she had a hard time befriending anyone. They said she was a snob and she just doesn't belong. Then, one day, a young woman and her son, GD, moved in the neighborhood. His mother was not friendly at all and is completely aloof from everyone else. GD was different. He was the most social child CL has met. He doesn't care if you're a loser or if you're a bully. For him everyone deserves a friend - and that includes her.

He was her only friend. He was her everything. He was her first love. But he also was her first heartbreak. She knew GD's feelings for her. He loved her
back. But they can't be together. He's just so damn perfect for her. Sh doesn't deserve him.

"Why are you doing this? Why are you avoiding me? Was it because of what people say? Was it because of my family? Tell me why!" GD shouted at her. They were in the soccer field of their high school.

"I'm just not happy anymore. This... this friendship... suffocates me. I even gained more enemies when I met you. I just... don't want this."

"And what about us?"

"There is no 'us'."

"I love you, CL. And I know you love me too. You can't deny that. I am willing to have enemies, to leave my family, just to be with you. Please don't do this. Don't leave me."

"I have to leave. You know that my dad travels a lot. This time I wanted to spend time with him. Just go on with your life. You have a lot of friends, you won't miss me."

To her surprise, GD hugged her tightly.

"You are my one and only."

But she broke free from his arms and ran away.

"I heard you graduate with flying colors."

CL was forced back to the present when she heard Minzy speak. She turned her head at her but Minzy was talking to GD.

"Y-Yeah. Well, studying hard really paid off." GD replied, but CL saw him glance at her. She stared outside the car window.

"I guess you should have been the first in ranking." Minzy continued. CL did not miss the admiration in her tone.

"Nah. You are a world-class dancer. I'm just a regular guy."

"I hope you'd just look at me like a regular girl."

Dead silence.

CL felt like her heart's about to burst from pain. She's also a girl so she knows when a girl likes a guy. And obviously, Minzy likes GD. Who wouldn't? He is a perfect catch.

"I still haven't thanked you yet for helping me out during the Greetings Ceremony." Minzy continued.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you know, when Seungri mistook me for being..."

"Ah, that. No worries."

CL knew GD so well that she felt he didn't like talking to Minzy that much. He was friendly, alright, but he is also somewhat shy towards girls.