Chapter 29: Let Me Hear Your Voice

Daesung knew that his music career is over. He is waiting outside the President's

office, nervously waiting for his father to come out. He tried to get inside but the guards will not allow him. They have confirmed that his father was inside and is talking to President YG. He is certain that his father will interfere with his studies. The president will not be able to stop his father if that happens.

"Please calm down, sir." his butler told him.

"How could I do that when my father is inside trying to end my chance of achieving my dreams?" he shouted at him.

His butler is really nice to him and he's been serving their family ever since he was born. Daesung felt sorry that he shouted at him but didn't put it into words. They waited and waited for hours but his father is still inside.

"What's taking them so long?" he muttered to himself.

I wonder where Minzy is right now. I know I hurt her and that's the last thing I would ever want to do. But it's better to end things early before it gets deeper. The more deep our friendship gets, the more painful our parting will be.

After a while, the door opened and his father burst out of the building. He's looking mad as usual and Daesung hesitated to approach him.

"Sir..." his butler urged him. Daesung walked towards his father and was about to say a word when his father held up one hand in the air.

"You better become a world-renowned performer." was all his father said and then he rode his car. Daesung was left alone. He was shocked, uncertain, and he felt so clueless about his father's words.

He... left. He didn't get mad at me. But why?

" Mr. Kang Daesung. Why don't you join me for a cup of tea?" Daesung turned around and saw the President smiling at him.

"Y-yes sir." was all he could say and followed the president inside the building.

I am confused. First, my dad. Now, the president. What is going on?

They passed a high-tech security system before they reached the President's office.

"Please have a seat." President YG said pointing to a comfy-looking single sofa. Daesung took his seat quietly even though tons of questions are shouting inside his head.

"Is camomile okay with you?"

"Huh?"

"Well, I really like camomile tea. But if you don't, then let's opt for jasmine instead."

Oh. He meant the tea.

The president took one of the teapots displayed on a shelf and poured tea leaves and a good amount of hot water. Then he poured the mixture on two teacups. The way he poured it was weird. The president placed one of the teacups in front of him.

"Ah... the smell of this particular tea is very relaxing. Don't you agree with me, Daesung?"

Relaxing? No.

"Mr. President..." he started.

"And the effects are good for the body." the president continued as if he didn't hear him.

"Mr. President..." he tried again.

"Drink your tea. It's quality degrades by the minute it gets cold."

"I did not come here to have tea, sir." he said courageously.

The president put his teacup down and raised an eyebrow.