Chapter 24: Baby Don't Cry

Daesung felt like the luckiest guy in the campus as he stares at Minzy. She's laughing with Dara because of what he said. Even though Dara instantly caught his attention because of her new looks, for him, Minzy is still the prettiest. She's glowing inside-out.

She helped Dara even though she hadn't fixed herself yet for our performance. She's simply sweet. I am liking her more and more.

They heard the announcement for the next performers and Dara thanked the two of them before leaving their dressing room. Before she disappeared, Daesung saw GD walking with her.

"She's amazing." Minzy said after awhile.

"She is. But not as amazing as you." Before he could stop himself, he blurted out the words which made both of them blush.

"Now I really wonder who the playboy is in the group. Why, you are better than Taeyang when it comes to sweet-talking." She laughed as she said that.

"Hey! I was just telling the truth!"

"Whatever." She shook her head but is still laughing. Daesung smiled and turned to check his appearance on the full-length mirror.

"Are you sure it's okay to look casual? I mean, you saw their performances and all of them looked elegant. Even the trio's performance was so cool." He asked. Insecurities are filling him again.

Minzy stood by his side and checked their reflection.

"Have you forgotten what I told you? It isn't all about how you look. It is how honest you are with yourself. How you sing the song." she assured him.

That's the problem. I am living a life full of lies. I am not honest with myself.

"Hey. Why so serious? Relax, okay?" she smiled to him again.

But as long as she stays by my side, I know I can sing with all my heart.

Don't be too optimistic Daesung. After this performance, she'll be paired to another person.

I only have until today to sing with her.

I need to do well.

No. not just 'well'. I need to be at my best.

He smiled back at Minzy and held her hand.

"Thank you."

"Let's do our best."

"Definitely."

He felt so good being with her that Daesung fears he might go back to the insecure him after this day. Minzy turned to go back to her own desk but she tripped on something and before Daesung could catch her, she already fell on the floor.

"Aaah! It hurts!!" Daesung saw Minzy twisted her left foot. He bent down and carried her to the sofa.

"Minzy! Where does it hurt?" he carefully held her left foot but she jerked it away like touching it is too painful for her.

"I'm fine."

"No you're not!"

"It's okay. I can still perform."

"No! I will talk to the professor."

"Daesung, please, no." Minzy gripped his hand tightly and won't let him go.

"No. Your health is more important than those stupid grades. Let me go."

"Don't leave me."