Chapter 42: Lollipop

Daesung watched as Dara took her seat after she sang. For him, she is like a big sister who always tease and care for him.

How I wish I can do something about her loneliness.

He wanted to help but he doesn't know how.

I don't even know who she is singing for. And besides...

He glanced at Minzy who is helping Dara wipe tears.

Minzy and I are still not okay. That Jin guy is taking her away from me.

He flinched as Minzy stared back at him.

"That's interesting..." he heard Seungri said. Daesung turned to his friend and saw him smiling like he's got a wicked plan.

"What's interesting?" Daesung asked.

"Dara likes GD."

"Huh? And so? But that song is for Taeyang."

"Tsk. Tsk. Daesung. Daesung. Daesung. You are still so naïve about love." Seungri acted like an old man.

"Me?"

"Yes, you."

What is Seungri talking about? Dara is singing for Taeyang. She has her eyes on him. And besides, she is singing for a "bad" boy. Obviously, that can't be GD.

"Alright, Dara. That was very emotional." Professor Gummy regarded her.

What is it about Professor Gummy's expression? It is like she can relate to the song... wait, no... like she likes Dara. Err... I can't name it.

"And so... moving forward..."

Professor Psy said he didn't know he's being replaced. Professor Gummy is hiding something from us.

"Just like what we have talked about during my first day in this class, we will hold a competition. But we need to rush it. My new album will be released soon."

Everyone murmured their excitement. Even Daesung couldn't stop daydreaming if he'll be chosen for Gummy's music video.

"And the leading lady will be Minzy." He blurted out loud. Everyone turned to him, even Minzy, as he said what he is thinking about. He felt his blood stuck on his cheeks as everyone laughed. He stared at Minzy and blushed while suppressing a smile at the same time. Daesung saw Dara's teasing grin.

"Man, you're fantasizing out loud?!" Seungri whispered to him.

"Shh!"

"Thank you for that enthusiasm, Daesung." Said the professor. The class became silent again. "You will perform all at the same time, with one cute song. Your goal is to shine among the rest without comprising your ability to blend in to the whole group. Remember: I am going to
look for one person who can sing with me and two people who can act and show their charisma easily."

There were silent murmurs again in the class. But Bom's is the loudest one.

"Oh my God, Taeyang. I need this. I am so nervous!" she said as if the rest couldn't hear her.

From her right, Top is grinning from ear to ear and his face is like saying:

"Piece of cake."

Argh. I don't have a strong charisma like Top. I need to give my best.

"I think it is going to be a love song. That's why she asked for someone to sing with emotions." Seungri told him.