Chapter 23: I Need a Girl

After arguing with Professor Psy before the program started, Taeyang smiled triumphantly. The professor was totally against what he and Dara's about to do:
perform separately.

It's not completely separate. We're just going to highlight each other's strengths. And weaknesses...

The evil side of him grinned from the thought.

Taeyang is planning to make Dara regret being his partner. He will give out his best while she will just stand on the stage, not knowing what to do. And when it is time for Dara's performance, he can still dance without any practice.

It's her fault for annoying me so much.

He wore a tuxedo and styled his Mohawk neatly. Then, he slipped on his diamond studded Aubercy black shoes. It was a gift from Bom before they entered the university.

Bom... I miss her so much. I knew she was about to talk to me again that evening but seeing Top with her mad me so mad at her that I had to kiss Da---

Taeyang absentmindedly touched his lips. He remembered the night he kissed Dara. He was so annoyed by her, was so mad at Bom and Top, so feeling tired that day that's why he wasnt able to stop himself from doing such a reckless thing.

I hate her but somehow, I enjoyed the kiss. Her lips are so soft, so sweet, so inviting. I have never ever kissed a pair of lips like hers.

What am I thinking?

I cant be enchanted by a kiss. Especially a kiss from that witch.
But the way she reacted... I am sure I was her first.

Hah! I was her first!
Wait. Are you sure man? The girl is cunning. She can fool anyone with her innocent looks.

Nah!

I shouldn't be thinking about her. The trio's performance is about to finish.

His trail of thoughts was interrupted when somebody knocked on the door.

"Come in." he said.

His heart leaped when Bom came inside. She is still wearing her black mini dress.

"Hey." She approached him but stopped in the middle of the room.

"Hey." He echoed.

For a while, they stared at each other silently. Then, Bom came running towards him and he opened his arms to welcome her. They embraced each other tightly.

"I miss you."

"I miss you, too."
I miss being with you... -He wanted to say but instead, he kept the words to himself, just like always. Bom pulled away and looked into his eyes.

"Why didn't you text me?" she said, hurt in her eyes.

"Because you pushed me away." He answered, not hiding the pain he felt.

"I am sorry."

"I am sorry, too, babe." He said the words but for some reason, he doesn't really feel sorry, maybe a bit. She was his long time friend anyway.

"Did you watch my performance?"

"No."

"Why?"

Why? It's because you chose him over me.

The way you talk to him.
The way he irritates me.
The way he looks at Dara.

Wait. What? That witch again?

Stop thinking about her, man!

He shook his head and tried to focus on Bom.