Chapter 39: Good To You

Dara has no idea what Taeyang is trying to pull. He kept on teasing her all day. He keeps changing moods that she can barely understand him. And now, he is hugging her as if she's his life support. He is sobbing like there is no tomorrow.

Is this another game he's playing?
What the heck is his problem?
But...
But..
But his tears are real...

"It hurts... so much..." He whispered in between heavy sobs.

"Hush now, Taeyang. I am here." Dara hugged him tighter. He is crying his heart

out as if he never cried before. Even if this is a silly joke of him, Dara would never let a crying person down. Taeyang continued to cry on her shoulders and she wouldn't mind it but he is heavier than her and his weight is crushing her bones. She tried to move to adjust their position but Taeyang gripped her tighter.

"Don't leave... me. Please. I don't... want... to be... alone anymore..."

Aw! That hurts. Geez, what is wrong with this guy?

"But you are not alone. You were never alone. You have your fans, you have Bom, and you have a family that ---"

"No, I don't! I do not have a family anymore."

Taeyang's grip around her body loosened a bit and his breathing became slower. Dara can still feel him sobbing but he made no noise anymore. She remained silent and waited for him to open up to her.

Something bad happened to him. But what is it? Early today he was still smiling and playing tricks at me. He was even willing to work for me.

Wait a sec.

Is he doing this so he I'll pity him and then he won't pay his debt? This beast! He can't fool me anymore!

"Don't think that you can fool me that easily, Taeyang." She said in a bossy tone.

Taeyang looked at her with swollen eyes and red nose.

But he looks really sad. Just like back then, after the performance.
Of course he will look sad. He is a good actor.

"W-What are you --"

"You can't get me with your drama. We had a deal. You will work for me Period. You can't escape just by crying like a baby."

Taeyang stared at her eyes with confusion.

"B-But..."

"No buts, mister! Get lost! You'll start working tomorrow." Dara pushed him away from her and turned her back at him.

"Dara..."

Why does he have to say my name like that? We aren't close friends. I should start walking away. But my feet won't move.

She was still arguing with herself when suddenly, Taeyang laughed. She turned to face him.

Is this guy really crazy?

"This... This is the very first time I opened my heart to someone... and yet... you ignored me. Am I that pathetic?"

Dara saw pain, anger, and disappointment in his small eyes. His laugh never reached his eyes. It was like a bitter laughter.

"I'm sorry, Taeyang."

"It doesn't matter anymore. You never fail to hurt my ego, Dara."

Somehow, hearing him mention her name with bitterness made her cold inside.

He was right. He was sad and I only thought about myself.