Chapter 26: It Hurts

CL couldn't believe she let Seungri hug her. She can't even believe that she cried when she saw GD go up the stage to help out Dara.

Why am I like this?

"See? He already moved on." Seungri said.

No. He hadn't moved on yet. He still loves me. I know he does.

The door burst open and the two of them saw Taeyang by the door. He looks like he is in a hurry and he is looking for someone. He stared at the two of them, no sign of malice in his eyes, and closed the door again.

That made CL think normally again. Seungri tried hugging her one more time but she pushed him away.

"Stop toying with me." she said coldly.

"Why do you always think that I am just playing with you? Don't you feel my sincerity whenever I talk to you?" He asked, hurt in his eyes.

"You said it yourself. I am just a challenge to you. You're not like --"

"Like GD? Yeah. I am not like him and I will never try to be like him. I am me. I don't strive just to be someone else's shadow. I will make you smile again just by being myself."

Seungri walked out of the room and left her alone

CL felt stupid and weak at the same time. She doesn't know what Seungri's real intentions are. There are times she wanted to believe every word he says but one side of herself tells her not to trust him.

The door opened again and GD entered.

He looked pissed and his right jaw is purplish. CL stood up immediately.

"Are you okay?" she asked even before she could stop herself.
GD stared at her eyes for a moment but then he sat on the farthest couch from her.

"As if you care about how I feel." he said bitterly.

"I... I do..."

"Please don't say you do, CL. Don't. Just don't lie to me again." he closed his eyes and tried to shut her off.

GD... I still care for you.

"You shouldn't have interrupted their performance." she said so that she could still talk to him. GD opened his eyes and stared at her. He stood up and walked to her.

"Why? How can you say that when you saw that Taeyang is hurting Dara in front of the public?"

"T-They are a team. What Taeyang did to Dara was part of their plan."

"No. It isn't."

"GD.."

"Well, what do you know about getting hurt, anyway?"

"Don't talk like you knew what I've been through, GD."

"Ah! So now it's all about you, huh? How you suffered because you had so much money for yourself!?"

"It's not like that!"

"It is! I heard your conversation with my dad. I saw how you took the bag of money from him!"

"I did it because --"

"No need to explain now, CL. I asked you so many times before. I gave you so many chances before. I begged for you to come back repeatedly. I cried a lot of tears just thinking about you. I was ready to give up everything for you. I was ready to leave everyone just to be with you. But what did you do? You pushed me away. You never tried to explain things to me. You gave up. You gave up on us. Now, don't try to explain because I don't want to hear any lies from you."