Chapter 38: Baby I Miss You

He hurt my feelings. It's just normal that I avoid him. He's at fault anyway.

Minzy clasped her phone tighter as she walked away from the class. She wanted to talk to Daesung but her pride won't allow her.

He didn't even bother talking to me so why should I be the first one to approach him? I am not that desperate. I have other friends, too.

Her phone rang and Jinwoo's face filled the screen. She hesitated.

I am not sure if I really want to talk to him. I mean... I don't want him to be on the rebound. Hah!

As if Daesung and Jinwoo like me.

In the end, she pressed the answer button.

"Hello..." she greeted without much enthusiasm.

"Hey! You don't sound so happy to hear my voice, eh?" Jinwoo joked onthe other line.

Minzy smiled even though Jinwoo can't see her right now.

"How's class?" he asked.

"Fine. We have a substitute professor."

"Really?" he doesn't sound surprised at all.

"Guess who it is."

"Hmmm... I don't have an idea."

"It's Gummy."

"Whoa!!! The Gummy?" His reaction is a bit exaggerated.

"Yep."

It's so unfair for Jinwoo. He sounds very happy talking to me but.... somehow, I'd rather be alone right now.

"Let's have lunch together, Minzy. My treat."

"Uh..." How can I refuse him without offending him?

"I... I can't take no for an answer." Jinwoo seemed to feel her hesitation.

"Jinwoo..."

"Please?"

"Okay."

"Great! Bye!"

"Wait! Where are we going to---" But whatever Minzy is going to ask was suppressed in her lips when suddenly, Jinwoo jumped from the rose bushes.

He is smiling wide which made Minzy smile back too.

"Don't tell me you were following me all this time we're talking on the phone?" she laughed. Jinwoo nodded like a child. He is wearing a blue hooded jacket and thickframed
glasses. His hair is full of leaves and his face has some scratches from the rose thorns. His very image should have made Minzy laughed but for some reason, she
is seeing Daesung in Jinwoo.

Why does Daesung's face keep popping on my head whenever I see men wearing glasses?

"Yep. And I saw how you seemed so distracted." Jinwoo said sadly. Minzy blushed but didnt try to refute what he said.
They walked silently together. She knew that Jinwoo is staring at her but she didnt say anything about it.

"You know, something's changed in you." Jinwoo said after a while. Minzy looked at him questioningly.

"Well... You aren't like that before. I mean, you used to be loud and smiling and energetic. Did something bad happen?" concern is all over his voice.

"N-No... It's nothing. I am always like this." she lied. Again, they walked in silence.

I am sorry, Jinwoo. she wanted to say but felt scared to open her heart to him.