Chapter 33: A Fool's Only Tears

Maybe I should tell her how I feel.

Taeyang found it hard to sleep the other night because of Dara. Whenever he closes his eyes, he still sees her and her angry yet pretty face. He played with his cellphone and tried not to call her. Unconsciously, he began typing a message.

I hate to say this but I think I've fallen in love with you.

Taeyang suppressed a smile.

I'm acting like a lovesick teenager. I should delete this now before I accidentally press...

Just like his finger had its own life, he did accidentally pressed the 'send' button.

"SHIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!"

Top, who was still sleeping woke up with a start.

"Damn it, Shorty! Why are you so loud?" even before Taeyang could respond, Top left the room, still in his pajamas.

Oh great. Dara will surely laugh at me.

He typed in another message:

That was wrongfully sent!!!

Taeyang waited for a response but nothing came.

Why isn't she responding? That witch! She must be laughing at me now!

He bombarded her with text messages explaining that he didn't intend to send the first message to her. But to his great dismay, there was not a single reply from Dara.

Shit, man. I need to call her.

Her phone rang but there was no answer. He redialled the number, but still, Dara won't pick up the phone.

Pick it up. Pick it up.

He tried calling her for the third time and was surprised that she picked up the phone this time. Before she could even speak, Taeyang spoke immediately.

"Look, witch. I didn't mean those words. I mean, delete it. That text message is not for you. Don't you dare think that I've fallen for you. Never! Do you hear me? Never!"

He was going to wait for Dara's response but he heard a beeping sound on his phone.

Holy crap! Low battery!

His phone shut off which made him feel worse.

Oh great! Great! Great! Damn it!

But at least I was able to say my part. Hopefully she understood it.

Argh! I am Dong Taeyang. I am always calm, composed, and ready for anything. But with Dara, I feel so helpless.

He stared at the mirror and saw how he looked like. He's got dark circles under his eyes and he looked as if he's never slept for a month.

I hate being in love.
Wait.
I am not in love. At least not to that witch! I am sure it's just... uh... how should I put this... uh...

But no matter how much he try to deny it, Taeyang couldn't find any words to describe how he really feels about Dara.

I've decided. I should confront her and end this madness.

He took a bath in a record's time and chose a simple outfit. He was already on his way to the door when he stopped.

Wait. My outfit is too simple.
I am not trying to impress that witch, of course. I just need to be presentable enough for my fans.