Chapter 14: Bad Boy

Bom folded the handkerchief neatly. For the first time in her life, she washed a cloth. She's going to return the handkerchief to Top and she wants to impress him. Before putting the handkerchief inside a cute paper bag, she sprayed it with expensive perfume.

Perfect!

Then, she checked herself out in front of the full-length mirror (which she had her driver install in the bathroom). She turned around and double checked her new look.

Last night, before sleeping, she called her mom's designer and asked for five pairs of flat shoes. Her ankle still hurts but she can walk now. She just wants to show Top that she listened to him. She wore a yellow summer dress and paired it with a pair of yellow flat sandals. Then, she put on a glittery, black headband and let her auburn hair flow at the back. She looked really sweet in her outfit. She applied light make up and sprayed expensive perfume.
As she walked out of the room, she glanced towards the boys' room.

I wonder if Taeyang's still mad at me. He didn't text me last night or this morning.
What do you expect, Bom? You 'dumped' him yesterday. Said the other side of her.

Well... I was just being honest. And besides, he shouted at me.
I've never seen him that mad at me before. He was always controlled and calm. Hmp! I won't forgive him easily. He should have been careful with his words.

Then, Top suddenly came out of their room.

"G-Good morning, Top!" she said nervously.

Top looked at her like she's an insect then sat on the sofa. She followed him.

"I wanted to thank you for yesterday. I am giving back your handkerchief. I washed it with my own hands and it's the first time I've ever washed something." -She handed the paper bag to him. Top raised his eyebrows at her.

"So... is it my fault that you have to wash it?" he said, irritation in his voice.

Wait a minute. What's his problem? Yesterday he was so sweet, caring, and funny. Now he's talking to me like I'm a pest.

"Why does this stink?" he said as he took out the piece of cloth from the bag.

"D-Does it?" she asked nervously.

"And why do you have to put it in a paper bag? You could have just handed it to me." Tears pooled Bom's eyes. Top is obviously far from being impressed. He hadn't even notice her flat shoes. He didn't even thank her for returning the handkerchief. He simply didn't show any sign that he likes her too.

"You could have at least thanked me for returning this!" she blurted out.

"Why should I? I lent it to you so you should be the one thanking me. Seriously! You're just like you best friend! Why don't you go and look for him? You deserve one another." Then without waiting for her reaction, Top left the dormitory.

Why... why does it hurt? Is it because of my pride?
-No.
I know it isn't about my pride.
But why does it hurt so much?

As tears raced down her cheek, Bom sat helplessly on the sofa.

###

Dara went back to the dorm because she left her camera. She even saw Top's motorcycle speeding away. As she opened the door, the first thing she heard was the soft sobs. As she got closer to the common place, she saw Bom crying on the sofa.

"B-Bom?"

"Go away!" Bom said without even looking at her.

"Why are you crying?"