Chapter 4: Bom

"And then, this weird girl started acting as if there's a cockroach
inside, so I panicked. You know how much I hate cockroaches. I hate being in a small room, and worse, I am not alone in that room. There's four of us there, Taeyang. Four! We're even going to share one bathroom! It's
like being punished by the heavens. Is this the challenge I need to overcome to achieve my dreams? I don't think I can make it!"

-Bom poured her heart out to her best friend, Taeyang. She just saw he room (which is not hers alone), and she is very disappointed with it.

"I thought being in the top ten students is the best thing a student could ask for. But look at our situation: all the students got their own room. I don't care if that's small; at least they have it for their own. And the top ten students get to share one small house? This is so unfair!"

-She continued her ranting and her best friend just sat beside her, listening to her childish issues. Taeyang, known for being a happy-go-lucky, playboy, did not dare laugh at her. At times like this, he felt sorry for Bom.

She was born and raised without knowing the ugly side of the world. Bom gets what she wants, do what she wants, say what she wanted to say, so she had always believed that the world revolves around her. When she finally got tired of being so spoiled, she decided to enroll at YG University and stay here while studying. Her parents cried so hard because they were worried about her being alone. But since Bom gets what she wanted, they agreed in the end.

"Hush now, babe." Taeyang said in a soothing voice.

"I wanna go home!" she said.

"We both know that you don't."

-Bom pouted her lips. Taeyang knew her too well to take her words literally.

He knew that she didn't mean those words. That she is determined to be a star.

"How about some corn?" he then said after a while.

Bom smiled at her best friend. One thing about her is her healthy appetite. She loves eating food, especially corn.

"I hate you! You really know how to ruin my diet!" -Bom said while laughing.

"Nah. You love me." Taeyang replied in a flirtatious tone.

Taeyang has his car parked outside the Chaos Building. He doesn't have a driver because he is acting as Bom's driver. Her parents entrusted her to him and wrote a letter to the school explaining their worries about her and to allow them to keep a car. The president permitted it.

As soon as they got to the cafeteria (after around ten minutes of driving), all heads turned towards them. Bom didn't mind. Actually, she likes the attention. She is not used to being ignored. Most of the time, she's seen with Taeyang but she gets attention even if she's alone.

"What do you want to eat?" he said.

"You offered me corn then you're going to ask me what I'd like to eat?"

"My bad."

-They both laughed and the people around them started whispering. They got so used to it that they become immune to all the rumors. The only table available is the four-seater one on the side. They took it and ordered their meal.

Good thing he's here. He's really like a brother I never had.

"Why're you staring at me like I'm the hottest guy in town?" -Taeyan said after awhile.