Chapter 3 : Daesung

Going on the stage is bad enough, getting booed is worse.

Daesung ran out of the Greetings Hall. It was a cowardly act, but he prefers it than being the center of shame.

"I knew it's going to be like this."

"I'm sorry, sir?"

Daesung realized that he's already sitting in his car and he's muttering to his self. Unfortunately, his driver heard it.

"Ah. It's nothing." He shook his head furiously.

"Please, sir, you might hurt yourself." The driver said in a monotone voice.

Daesung sighed. As he grew up, everyone around him was trained to have 'concern' for him. It was so scripted that instead of feeling loved, Daesung felt like a fool.

"Where are we heading, sir?"

Before he could answer, his phone ring and his father's face filled the screen.

"Oh, not now."

But he still answered the call.

"D-Dad?" he said after clearing his throat.

"Have you arrived yet?" the voice on the other line was stern.

"Y-Yes."

"Why are you stammering?"

"It's just... I am nervous."

"Well... I know Harvard is an intimidating school, but I'm sure you'll make it. You have to make it."

Tears pooled Daesung's eyes again. His father thought he's going to enroll at Harvard. He is actually required to enroll at Harvard but Daesung did not pass and aside from that, he wanted to be a performer, not a boring lawyer.

"Y-yeah."

"Don't fail me."

Then, just like that, the call ended.

A single tear fell from his eye. He looked at the driver and he saw him staring back with sympathy in his eyes. Aside from a very good driver and bodyguard, he is a reliable secret-keeper and Daesung is very grateful for that.

"I hate my life."

"Please do not say that, sir."

"I am a loser."

"You are not, sir."

"I am."

"Sir --"

"I will give you a bonus if you stop contradicting me."

The driver looked hurt but he kept silent.

"I'm sorry. I'm really pathetic."

But the driver said no more. For a while, they just sat there, not talking at each other. After ten minutes, Daesung decided to move on.

I can't think about negative things all the time. Think positive Daesung! Be like Seungri! Be brave!

"To the Chaos Building, please." Why is it named like that? It sounds scary.

The driver nodded and drove carefully towards the dormitory. As the car passed by the lovely sunflower plants, Daesung noticed a group of boys walking towards the opposite side of the Chaos Building. More boys are going towards the opposite direction.

"Wait."

Daesung stared at a guy sitting on the fountain.

Do not sit on the fountain. Daesung read the large sign. Wow. Is he blind? The guy looked like a typical bad boy. His hair is dyed sky blue with a tinge of light green and styled upwards. He's wearing a leather jacket paired with a tattered pair of jeans. Since he's tall, he looked like a bad boy model.