Prologue

"GET BACK HERE YOU DAMNED IMMIGRANT!!!" The store manager shouted after the girl. Jessamine ran out the store as fast she could, holding a loaf bread and packs of bologna in the other. She cut into the nearest alleyway, hid behind a dumpster and waited. The store manager ran full speed past the alley without even looking back. Dumbass. Jessamine thought with a smirk. This is the seventh time she stole from that store and that dumbass hasn't gotten her yet. She gets up to leave when she hears the sound of rustling. She spun around quickly and searched for the source. "WHO'S THERE!" She shouted. Out the darkness a three tall, muscular figures appeared out of the darkness. "Look at this cutie boys." The taller one said to his friends. "She is fine, ain't she?" Said the brighter one. Jessamine starts to step back. "L-Look...I-I-I don't want any..." The tall one lunged at her but she quickly jumped back and started running out of the alley. The men started racing after.
She ran for about a block before suddenly slamming into a hard barrier. The force of the impact was strong enough to send her flying into the taller man's arms. "Got you bitch." He whispered into her ear. "Hey man! Thanks for catching her! She was being a little...feisty at home." The man looked down at her and the men with a questioning look. "She doesn't look to willing to go with you three." He said in a gruff voice. The three hoodlums jumped back in surprise. "Well that's her problem. Now if you excuse us," he puts her on his shoulder, "We'll be leaving." As they turn to leave, the man grabs Jessamine by her waist and takes her off his shoulder. "Like I said. She doesn't look willing to go with you." He said with a slight growl. The three just raise their hands in defense before taking off into the night. "Th-thanks for h-help..." The man put his hand on her mouth. "Don't talk. You seem stressed." Jessamine slowly nobs before he moves his hand. "I'm parked a little ways back. I can take you home if you want." Jessamine hung her head. "I...I don't... Have a home." She stutters. He looks down at her before tilting her head up. "No home? Are you an orphan or something?" She sniffles. "I wish. My whore of a mother kicked me out when I told that her new man candy was coming into my room and trying to touch on me. She told me I was a lying whore that didn't deserve a home. Then she kicked me out, not even letting me pack." Dean looks at her with pitiful eyes before patting her back. "Damn. That's rough kid..... Look I have a tour for work. So maybe, only maybe, I can get them to let you stay with us." Jessamine scowls and smacks his hand away. "I don't need no damn charity from you. I've gotten by by myself for two years, I can make it two more." As she turned to walk away, he grabbed her arm and yanked her back towards him. "Listen. I know you don't trust me. I get that, I've been in your shoes before. But you have to..." Jessamine spun around with tears in her eyes. "Really?! So you have been harassed daily, going from people throwing scraps at you for kicks to scumbags trying to get me to do things for them for money. Have you ever been scared to go to sleep? Or go to a homeless shelter in fear of being attacked? Have you ever...." The Man covers her mouth again. "Yes. My father is a convict and my mother is a drug addict. My younger cousin, a little girl, sharp as a whip, was taken from me. I was kicked out on the streets as a teen and forced to fight for myself. I had my innocence taken from me in more ways then one and I don't want that for you. So please...let me help you." He holds out his hand for Jessamine to take it. She stares at it for a moment before wiping her eyes and taking his hand. "Oh," the man says. By the way. The name Ambrose. Dean Ambrose." He said with a smile. Jessamine giggled and sniffled a bit. "So cliche. And I'm Jessamine. Jessamine Martinez."

**********************************************

Welp there goes my first ever chapter. I know, I know. It sucks. But, cut me some slack. It's my first time. But I have some news. I'm not going to be writing like this. Instead of writing like:

She turned around slowly quivering in fear. "Who's there" She shouted.

I'll be writing in script mode. Like this:

*Quivering in fear, Jessamine turns around*

Jessamine: *shouting* Who's There?!

So there you have it. Enjoy!!!