PART 47: part 2/2 Wedding

Start from the beginning

“Now, could I ask the congregation to please be seated”

The sound of people sitting echoed through the church, and I clutched Kaelb’s hand tighter, waiting for Father Bailey to continue.

“Doubly blessed is the couple which comes to the marriage altar with the approval and blessings of their families and friends. Who has the honor of presenting this woman to be married to this man?”

Kaelb held his free hand up, “I, Kaelb Gunner, the brother of the bride present her to be married to this man”  Kaelb took my hand and placed it in one of Archer’s large, waiting ones. Archer grinned at my brother and clapped his shoulder.

“I, Henry Braxton, father of the groom and chosen from the bridge, allow her to be presented to be married to this man” Henry repeated the step, handing my, well, hand to Archer and kissing his sons face. 

Father gave them both the sign on the cross on their foreheads, and asked them to take their place on the side of the altar near Katy, Sophie and Jaime.

Archer took my hand at that moment, I looked up and smiled at him, but he was already grinning, “You look beautiful” he mouthed. I could only blush.

The pianist began to play again, and the congregation began to sing once more. Archer hummed along and squeezed my hand tightly.

“I am never letting go” he mumbled, and I looked down.

“Lucky, because neither am I”

When the music stopped Father Bailey began again. He ushered Timmy to come forward with the rings. Okay, so we put a little spin on the ring bearer, but we knew no one young enough for the job. 

“Let me charge you both to remember, that your future happiness is to be found in mutual consideration, patience, kindness, confidence, and affection. Archer, it is your duty to love Charlotte as yourself, to provide tender leadership, and protect her from danger. Charlotte, it is your duty to treat Archer with respect, support him, and create a healthy, happy home. It is the duty of each of you to find the greatest joy in the company of the other; to remember that in both interest and affection, you are to be one and undivided”

Archer and I both shared a glance at that moment, a gleam in my eye.

“Always” He mouthed.

I could only nod.

“Archer and Charlotte, you have made a very serious and important decision in choosing to marry each other today. You are entering into a sacred covenant as life partners in God. The quality of your marriage will reflect what you put into nurturing this relationship. You have the opportunity to go forward from this day to create a faithful, kind, and tender relationship. We bless you this day. It is up to you to keep the blessings flowing each and every day of your lives together. We wish for you the wisdom, compassion, and constancy to create a peaceful sanctuary in which you can both grow in love.’

“Archer, do you take Charlotte to be your wedded wife, and in the presence of these witnesses do you vow that you will do everything in your power to make your love for her a growing part of your life? Will you continue to strengthen it from day to day and week to week with your best resources? Will you stand by her in sickness or in health, in poverty or in wealth, and will you shun all others and keep yourself to her alone as long as you both shall live?”

Archer almost automatically answered, “I do”

“Charlotte, do you take Archer to be your wedded husband, and in the presence of these witnesses do you vow that you will do everything in your power to make your love for him a growing part of your life? Will you continue to strengthen it from day to day and week to week with your best resources? Will you stand by him in sickness or in health, in poverty or in wealth, and will you shun all others and keep yourself to him alone as long as you both shall live?”