58. The Talk

Warning:- unedited
__

As soon as he left the room I instantly locked the room from my handcuffed hand. The metal was leaving a red mark on my wrist.

I didn't walk towards the bed instead I sat there my back against the door and my eyes burning with so much of crying. Everything was quiet around. I sobbed lowly it was too much for me to take all this at a time.

After about 15 minutes I felt Mr. Agrawal's presence behind the door. I don't know how but I knew it was Mr. Agrawal. I was dead silent even held my breath so that he can't hear me.

"Kiara.." He said slowly. I ignored him. I pressed my hand on my mouth so that not even a single word could come out of my mouth not even a sob.

"It all started from the day I came to know that you were legally my wife." He started. The word wife for his mouth for me made a wave of chill pass through my body.

"I taught you must be the girl waiting for this day to come, waiting to become my wife. No, not exactly my wife but the wife of the richest person in this town." He told addressing him as the richest person in the town. he was such a stereotype and a womanizer.

"The first time I saw you I knew you were kaya as in the girl I married to years ago. You came to this town looking for exposure. I had appointed Carter to look for you. It took him approx 6 months to search for you. And then coincidentally he did know your uncle as they were into the same business for years." He said taking a pause.

"He offered this job as in to be my personal assistant to your uncle for you. Your uncle seemed impressed and so you were here for the interview. On purpose, I fired my personal secretary. It was already decided that the job will be yours. I didn't like you from day one when your car crashed mine." He said. I pressed my hand on my mouth with more force.

"Then the very first day when you entered my cabin I knew you were my P.A but by mistake you caught me kissing some girl and I acted to not know you and I tried my level best to be a bit nicer with you as I was planning to befriend you and then diverting your attention and make you sign the divorce paper. You always got on my every nerve and I still had to tolerate with you and be kind to a woman so stubborn at times like you. Your salary was on purpose very high so that you don't plan on quitting the job." He said inhaling deeply. He sounded frustrated.

I wanted to know every fucking lie he told me. At a point of time I didn't want to believe what he was saying, but then again I knew it was the truth.

"Jake is Abby's son. Which she always wanted to get rid of and I wanted to adopt. But according to the court orders seeing my background and everything they didn't hand me Jake's custody. For Jake's custody, I needed to present my wife and a second marriage is illegal until you aren't divorced with your first wife. I was stuck with you." He said. His words hurt me like a throne.

"Even getting a divorce from you meant presenting you in court, letting you know everything about us. Than better I taught of convincing you to help me adopt Jake and by asking you to pretend to be my fake wife but eventually that was even not needed presenting principal of Jake's school and that couple Raghav and Manvi as the evidence of you being my wife and a report of you being sick could probably get me to Jake's custody." He said. Till now I was sobbing lowly.

'How can someone be so selfish.' I taught. Him giving any explanation wasn't helping.
I was never gonna forgive him.

"You knew earlier? Umm... When... We were small about marriage..." I asked slowly.

"Yes, I knew you were 9 and I was 13 around. All that time I found you really cute and like a princess. The way you all dressed, traditional Indian and the way you people lived was fascinating for me. Being born and brought up in town nothing was that traditional and when my mother asked me to marry you, the girl I had a tiny crush on. I was more than happy." He confessed. His confession of having a crush though tiny that too when I was nine made a way for a small smile.

"But eventually I came to know it was just a play for you when you asked me whether you acting like a real bride or not? And that I looked like the real Prince charming you saw on TV but a size smaller and thinner." He said. I forced myself not to giggle.

It was hard to remember all those memories but there were still blurry visions in my mind. Like the way, he came on the white horse to marry me it was exactly how I wanted it to be as a child.

"By the way how you came to know about this child-marriage thing?" He asked.

"Am sleeping, good night," I responded to him. Still, I was never ever gonna forgive him.

_____

Feedback...

Vote!! Comment!! =)

- D.love