29. Mess

Edited by _eleutheromaniac_

Guys your feedback means a lot to me.. :)

____

A week, a whole week had passed and he never visited the company. Emails came on daily basis. All the meetings within staff members where attended by me on his behalf.

It was difficult to manage work without him. Work pressure was too high. Sleep suddenly was a foreign word to me. Now I could understand the work pressure on him.

I tried to ask him via email about when was he returning. But he ignored my queries on this topic. I needed his help during the upcoming week. There was an international business meeting and I knew I couldn't handle it alone.

It was Saturday and I was in my workplace. Being new to the company was another disadvantage but luckily Mr.Agrawal replied to my mails and all the questions on business related queries.

I had to work overtime and even on weekends to cope up with the ever increasing work pressure. 
The International Business meeting was to be held on the upcoming Tuesday in our company's conference room.

I was lucky I had amazing coworkers, they helped me and even co-operated with the working. Caleb, Rita and Cruz helped me alot.

Cruz was the most helpful as he was an old employee. He perfectly knew how everything worked. Sunday flew by within no time. Say by the end of the day I was very nervous about the meeting on Tuesday.

I emailed Mr.Agrawal 
"Our company will go through major losses if I failed to present properly or if I failed to impress them. I have never done this alone. Once I tried and you know very well what happened. I hope to see you on Tuesday. - Kiara."

I was exhausted. I felt as if my life was becoming just like Mr.Agrawal, workoholic but the difference was it wasn't by choice.

...

Monday flew by in just an blink of an eye and with Tuesday came nervousness. I was working on this presentation for around a week. Without fail I mailed my presentation to Mr.Agrawal.

If by any chance he decided to attend the meeting. I braced myself something bad was going to happen if I present it. I crossed my fingers hoping to see Mr.Agrawal today.

I really needed him today. I couldn't do this all alone. I decided to wear black skirt and a cream shirt and paired them with heels for the meeting. I styled my hair in a bun/ chignon. I applied makeup to cover up my dark circles. After one last glance in the mirror I decided I looked professional enough for the meeting. But I knew I lacked confidence. I drove to my company.

Parking my car I walked towards Rey and greeted him and went to the elevator . I reached the 8th floor. I sighed. Few more hours and by afternoon the meeting will start.

Firstly, I made sure all the arrangements for the officials were proper. I even made sure that everything - ACs , Projector,etc. worked properly and that there were water bottles, note pads, pens and marker placed in front of each chair.

I was re-checking my presentation for the 4th time. I wanted everything perfect, the way I planned it to go.

...

And finally the time arrived and officials started entering the conference room. Even though the room's temperature was cold I was sweating.

If I said I was nervous that would've been the biggest understatement. Every one seemed so serious. After half an hour almost the entire conference room was filled.

Our conference room easily accommodated around 30 people. Cruz was by my side. He was well built, brown eyes, wheatish (brown) complexion and over all he was handsome, but much older and experienced. He was around 34.

"I think we should proceed, everyone is here." He murmured in my ears. I looked at him dumbfounded. My mind went blank,  completely blank.

I took deep breathes and was about to speak when Mr.Agrawal entered. I wanted to hug him. I felt as if he saved my life once again. I smiled at him.

He looked so different, he was wearing a black blazer and white shirt. He was wearing thick square framed black glasses which honestly looked hot on him. He had some beard grown/ a little stubble. Rough look suited him.

He looked more handsome than usual. I felt a nudge and looked in that direction to find it was Cruz.

"He came, you did it." he said in a low voice. I smiled at him.

Mr.Agrawal looked at me and motioned me to sit. I did as I was instructed and was more than happy to be in my comfort zone. I smiled and saw Mr.Agrawal proceed with the presentation confidently as usually.

If someone asked me to choose between seeing a movie starring Zac Effron or Mr.Agrawal presenting a presentation. I would choose Mr.Agrawal.

I noticed that he had made some changes in the presentation but it was really very impressive. Again I knew the deal was ours, there was no way anyone could say no to this presentation. He was just really good at it.

As soon as the presentation was over I couldn't help but clap. Everyone joined me. 

_____________

Again leave your opinion about anything and everything :p

THANKYOU SO VERY MUCH FOR READING THIS BOOK

VOTE!!COMMENT!! =)

- D.love