28. He

Edited by @MonicaUmesh

________________

  I kept running, like I always do. I run away from all the things I can't handle. From all the problems.

It was 6:00 in the morning and I found myself running instead of taking the sleeping pills. The nightmares never let me sleep. By now I had dark circles under my eyes due to lack of sleep.

...

I thought of sleeping when I returned home. But I knew if I slept I won't be able to wake up on time and will be late for work. I have already been a target of Mr.Agrawal's anger.

I made pasta early in the morning. I could eat Italian whether it's a day or night. I was full after finishing a plate full of pasta.

After taking a long shower and putting on a formal shirt and trousers. I was ready to go.

...

As soon as I reached my company, Freeman's entrance I saw Rey talking to some lady. Her back was facing me.

I walked towards Rey to greet him. It's been so long since I have talked to him. Rey noticed me and smiled at me and the lady standing in front of him turned to look at me.

I was stunned to see she was none other than the supermodel I saw yesterday. She smirked towards me, waved Rey goodbye and walked towards the exist. As soon as she exited, two bodyguards came. One stood beside her with an umbrella while the other followed behind.

I looked at Rey. He had lot to explain. I narrowed my eyes at him with my brows raised.

"Who's she?" I questioned him.

"Umm.. She's just." He paused. " she wanted to know whether Aa.." He paused again "Agrawal is available."

"Seriously?" I raised my brow at him.

"Do you mean Aarav?" I questioned him.

I saw his face turn blue. To say he was shocked was an understatement.

"How did..." He said but I interrupted

"She told me." I answered his unasked question pointing towards the exit where she left.

"When did you meet Abby?" He asked.

"Oh, so she is Abby." I said, more question than a statement.

"Umm.. She.." We were interrupted by a phone call. I saw Rey sigh in relief. He excused himself and started talking on the phone.

"Umm.. Kiara, this will take long.. I guess we should talk later." He said with a genuine smile on his face.

I felt like I am the only one who don't know anything that's happening. Riya and Rey knew everything but they never let me in. It was strange that Rey knew about him and Abby. I seldom saw him talking to Mr. Agrawal.

...

I walked towards Rina who was working on her laptop. I cleared my throat to grab her attention. She looked at me and smiled.

"Kiara, I was waiting for you. Mr. Agrawal won't be here today." She said blankly.

"Then where is he?" I asked her curiously.

"I don't know, but this has happened before. He disappears for few days." She said, glancing towards her laptop.

I groaned. This means work pressure will increase. I just nodded and started walking towards my workplace.

As soon as I checked my laptop I found few mails from Mr. Agrawal informing me of the work I needed to do. I groaned. This is going to be a long week.

...

After working for few hours my phone rang. I had set an alarm 15 min before all of the times I would have to give Mr. Agrawal his coffee or tea.

I started moving towards the elevator but I remembered that Mr. Agrawal is not here today. I was so accustomed to giving him coffee and tea as per the schedule.

I started walking back to my workplace but I stopped when I heard some noise from Mr. Agrawal's office. I tip toed towards his office and tried to listen. I could hear some murmuring.

I quietly opened the door hoping to see Mr. Agrawal. I saw few workers cleaning the place. His office was a mess like it had gone through some sort of an earthquake.

I went back to my workplace and started working. It was difficult to think that he is not around because from he has always been around during work to guide me, since the day I joined.

I would never admit it but I learned lot of business related things from him by merely observing him. I tried to concentrate on work but it was difficult as, for days, he was all that was on my mind.

I reasoned with myself and said it is only because he was around me all the time. But he is on my mind more now, when he was not around me, than then. Am I missing him? I asked myself.

I shook my head and tried to concentrate on work. There was lot of work pending as he was not there to work. It is surprising that he is away since he is a workaholic. I wondered what had happened to him. Is he sick?

Is it related to something that happened yesterday? "Ahhhh!!!" I groaned loudly I was thinking about him again!

No matter what I did, all the moments and all those feeling I had when I was around him never left my mind. I was reminded of how safe I felt and all those tingly feelings I felt when I was around him. What could he be doing right now? Has he already had his coffee? Is he drunk due to yesterday's incident? These thoughts kept running through my mind.

Finally, I shut my laptop, took my bag, and decided to go home. I wanted this feeling to go away. I didn't want to fall for him because I know he would never fall for me. I don't know how but I just knew.

Without saying goodbye to Rina or even looking towards Rey, I left for home.
______________

So what do you guys think about this chapter?

Would love to hear from you all your suggestions, feedbacks and things I need to work on... :)

VOTE!!COMMENT!! =)

                                              - D.love