13. The Breakfast

PLEASE DO VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE IF YOU LIKE THIS BOOK.

...

I screamed out in pain as a knife passed through the skin of my leg, causing a gush of blood to seep through my lacerated skin. The rusty blade of the knife caused my entire leg to feel as if a thousand red ants were biting at it repeatedly, and I felt my heartbeat start to quicken. A hand-held me down as I tried to wrench free of my captors. 

I have to get out. The thought circled through my mind endlessly as I burst free from the arms of someone, a man I think, that I couldn't see, a burst of energy ripped tingled through my body and I tore away from my captors and towards the awaiting forest. 

—-

Kiara! Kiara! Kiara! I jerked awake at the sound of Mr. Agrawal's voice. My entire body was tangled up in the many hotel sheets and my skin glistened with sweat despite the air-conditioner in the room. The dream had felt so real, as if it where a memory. No...that couldn't be. It was probably just a nightmare. 

"Hey are you okay?" Mr. Agrawal said laying a hand on my shoulder. 

I looked up and into his grey eyes, they held genuine concern for me and my well-being. It was weird seeing him express emotions other than anger, and I found myself eyeing him warily, who knew when he would revert back to his usual arrogant jerk personality?

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a nightmare nothing big." I pushed the heavy blankets and sheets off of my body, there was no way that I would be able to go back to sleep. My legs where itching for some running action and I was sure that a fast paced jog was just the right thing to calm me down.

I was making my way over to the dressers in order to pull out something appropriate for an early morning run when I noticed Mr Agarwal's eyes traveling down my body. 

He quickly looked away when he noticed me looking at him and awkwardly cleared his throat, "Um...your shirt is a little," he gestured to the front of the t-shirt and I looked down only to gasp in shock. 

My sweat had soaked through the shirt making my underwear and bra visible to the entire world. Or in this case Mr. Agrawal. My arms shot up to cover my breast area reflexively and I scurried to the bathroom in embarrassment.  I slid down the bathroom door and buried my head into my hands, how could I be so careless! I had just flashed my undergarments to my boss! I would never live this down.

I knock on the bathroom door pulled me from my thoughts, "We'll be leaving for the meeting in an hour, so be ready by then," Mr. Agrawal said, his voice muffled by the wood door between the two of us, "Oh yes, and you can keep that shirt." 

I groaned and moussed my hair up with my hands, there was no way that I could go on a run. come back and shower within an hour. Meaning that I'd just have to get ready. 

"Okay." 

I waited for the sound of a door closing, a signal that Mr. Agrawal had gone back to his room. before leaving the bathroom to put together my outfit for the day. 

——

The smell of delicious breakfast foods hit me as I made my way over to our table down in the dining hall, where Mr. Agrawal was sitting in front of a table piled full of many different fruits, veggies, pancakes and juices. My stomach rumbled in anticipation for what looked like a mouth-watering breakfast. I hadn't been in London for long, but from what I'd seen so far, cooking and food was one of its strong points. 

Mr. Agarwal glanced away from the papers laid out in front of him as I sat down in the seat across from him, "I didn't know what you wanted to eat so I just ordered everything." The statement was kind, but his voice was laced with anxious tightness and his eyes scanned the dining hall nervously. His friendliness as it seemed, was a strictly behind closed doors thing. The thought sent a weird feeling through my body. Not a good one either.