22. Cry Baby

"Did you see her arm move? I definitely saw her arm move."

The sounds of conversation around me sounded muffled; as if I was hearing them from underwater. I opened my eyes and winced as a bright light burned directly into them.

'She's awake." My ears had cleared, and Rina's shout sounded deathly loud.

I groaned, my head was pounding like crazy and even the quiet beeps of the machines around me made my brain hurt. Wait, beeps? And how did Rina get into the jet?

I sat up in the bed and scanned the room I was in, the walls where paper white and my bed or should I say gurney was surrounded by a number of beeping machines. They must have rushed me to the hospital immediately after landing.

Rina sat in a chair beside my bed, watching expectantly as I took in my surroundings. Her eyes were rimmed in black, and she looked like she hadn't slept in forever.

I tried to speak, but it felt like knives where scratching the insides of my throat. It hurt to swallow my own saliva.

I pointed to the water jug and mimed pouring a glass of water, Rina stared at me for a moment before registering what I wanted and handing me a glass of water.

I took the glass and swallowed every last drop of the water. Relief came instantly.

Rina smiled as she watched me gulp down the water, "Do you want more."

I shook my head, "No thank you." My throat no longer hurt, but my voice came out husky. "Take this." I jumped in fright as the nurse standing near me spoke, I hadn't noticed her in my initial scan of the room.I took the pill from her hand and smiled at her gratefully before swallowing the pill.

The nurse returned the smile and silently left the room after making sure that all the machines were in proper order.

I bombarded Rina with questions the minute that door closed, "How long have I been out? Where's Mr. Agrawal? How did you find out?"

Rina sat down into the seat and sighed, "You were out for two days, at the company and Mr. Agrawal told me."

I stared at her blankly as everything came rushing back to me. I had overdosed on sleeping pills.

"Two days?" I whispered. I really messed up. Everyone probably thought that I wanted to die.

"Why did you do it Kiara? Why didn't you just tell me or someone that you felt like you wanted to die?"

And there it was. "Rina, believe me I didn't want to die, I have acrophobia, and the plane was shaking so badly that I just wanted to go to sleep until it was all over."

Pity flooded Rina's eyes and I could tell that she didn't believe me, "Oh Kiara." She wrapped me in a warm hug, that was meant to comfort both her and I.

A knock sounded at the door and Rina pulled away from the hug to go answer the door.

Rey came bursting in, and before either of us could utter a hello he embraced me in a tight, tight hug."Rey, let go you're hurting me." I said and slapped him on the back playfully. "You stupid, stupid girl! Why'd you try to kill yourself? Was this world not good enough for you? Where we not good enough for you?"

I sighed, "I didn't want to die! I just accidentally took too many pills."

Rey snorted, "I'll believe that when pigs fly."

I rolled my eyes, this was going to take a while.

Rina touched Rey on the shoulder. "We should leave and give her some time to rest."

I silently thanked Rina for interfering before I burst out in anger, this was only the second time that someone had accused me of trying to kill myself and I was already seething.

Rina and Rey left the room after waving goodbye and I sunk into the comfortable bed before dozing off into a peaceful slumber.

___________

I know it's short but an early update...

let me know guys what do u think?

I love to hear from you guys... 

Thanks a lot for all the votes, comments and even for reading... 

VOTE!!COMMENT!!

                                        - D.love