53. My Room

Warning:- unedited
________

I never knew that entering my own room would be this terrifying. After that moment my life changed upside down entirely. Here is what happened.

...

I followed the maid towards my room. She removed the tugged bundle of keys from her saree's waistline.

There was a big lock on my door. The maid unlocked it and asked me to walk in first. For some unknown reason, Adrenaline level was increased in me. I touched the cold rusted metal handle and pushed the door open.

A gust of wind came my way and I closed my eyes tightly then slowly opening my eyes I looked around my room was sweet and simple the way it used to be. On the bed, I still remember my mom singing a lullaby for me or kissing my forehead until I fall asleep.

I looked around everything seemed to be clean and neat. Nothing to keep this room locked for. I turned around and gave the maid a confused look. She walked in and closed my room locking it.

My room was very big just like that of dad's and Krystal's. The maid walked ahead of me.

"Your mom, she never considered me as a maid. I was always a good friend of her." She said. I wondered why she was telling me all this.

"She trusted me with everything." She said, "As you know your mother was a cancer patient." She continued inhaling deeply.

"What's the thing?" I asked her. Now she was testing my patience.

"Okay... Your mom she left something for you." She said.

"How come no one knows about it?" I asked her referring to me and uncle.

"Everyone knew, I mean your family knew." She said. I never liked anyone talking about my family the one who isn't with me anymore.

"Can you just..." I was about to talk to her rudely but she was probably one of the people mom liked the most or the best friend as she says.

"Come." She said and led me towards my wardrobe. She opened my wardrobe and started removing all my 'tiny me' clothes and placing them on my bed. I remember wearing the red top again and again as it was my mom's favorite.

She even removed the horizontal plank of wood between my wardrobe and then she walked towards the other side of my room and took a small box from there and walked towards me.

"Why don't you sit?" She asked me. I sat on my bed edge and watched her. She removed a tool and started unscrewing the screw's which I never knew existed.

There were four screw's on each end. Then she removed the part of that wood introducing me to a place I never knew existed. It was around the size of a 42' inch TV.

"What are you doing? What is this?" I asked her.

"Just a second." She said and removed something box type thing wrapped around with a red cloth. She removed the red cloth revealing an ancient treasure box.

"What is this?" I told standing up.

"Why don't you open it?" She asked. I kneeled down in front of that big treasure box. 'Am I going to be a billionaire?' I wondered.

There was a lock on the box. I looked at the maid with a confused look.

"How am I suppose to open it?" I asked her.

"I don't know that." She answered.

"You know what's in it I can tell that. You know about the box, why not the keys?. Are you playing?" I asked her.