21. FLASHBACK

If you like this book then do support by voting and comments :)
______

  My wish for a dreamless sleep was not headed. And a few hours later in the early hours of morning the plane began to violently convulse.

It was as if all the gods of wind were directing their anger at our flying piece of metal with only one intent in mind: to kill. Air turbulence paired with a bad case of acrophobia where apparently not a good combination.

And I suddenly became aware of our extreme height the more the plane tossed in the sky.

My hands were damp and I shook fiercely, black dots danced before my eyes and the room began to spin. Or more accurately I was beginning to become sickeningly dizzy.

Oh god I'm going to die.

The feeling was so strong that I actually thought that I would fall from the sky-like some kind of icarus-and die.

I frantically dug through my purse in search of my bottle of sleeping pills, I located it and twisted the cap off before tilting my head back and allowing the entire contents of the medicine bottle to slide down my throat.

I gasped in pain as the effects of so many pills took hold of my body, my muscles locked up and I couldn't move even a finger no matter how hard I tried.

My heartbeat picked up even more speed and it began to beat so fast that I felt that it would burst, I slumped back into my seat and my body began to shake horribly. I felt my eyes widen as my brain registered the reality of my situation.

I overdosed. God I'm really going to die now.

Those where the last thoughts I had before I lost all consciousness.

--

"Dammit, what happened?" The voice could belong to only one person: Agrawal. Meaning that my plight had not gone unnoticed.

Maybe I won't die after all.

I tried to open my eyes only to scream out as a wave of pain rolled over me.

"You're awake."

If my pain hadn't been so bad I would have rolled my eyes.

"Duh what else would I be?" A fresh wave of hot searing pain rolled over me the instant the words left my mouth and I cursed my big mouth.

"What did you do."

I had a vague idea of where the bottle had fallen and pointed in that direction.

Agrawal uttered a string of unmentionable curses underneath his breath, "How many?"

I shrugged.

"You're going to have to do more than that Kiara. How many did you take?"

I braced myself for the inevitable pain that speaking would bring, "I don't know, it was a new bottle there could have been an infinate amount in it."

I heard Agrawal sigh, "Good to see that you've still got a healthy dose of wit left in you." Sarcasm dripped from every word. .

I didn't get a chance to ponder an appropriate response, because I was gripped by another round of shivers and shakes. My body flapped wildly and my windpipe closed cutting off all the air from my body.

"Rob, get the first aid kit!"

I gasped trying desperately to suck in even a bit of air. It was during those few moments that I learned the true importance of oxygen to the human body.