38. The Date

___

The movie was a sweet and simple love story. I thought he would just take me to dinner. Jake was all alone now and I was starting to get worried about him. 'Should I say am not feeling well and leave?' I thought.

"Kiara! Where are you?" He asked.

"Umm.. I was wondering.." I started but was interrupted by him.

"Kiara! I wanted to go to this new 5 star restaurant since so long. I am sure you will like it too." He said, excitement clear in his voic.

"Umm.. Ya' " So I decided to go with the flow as I didn't wanted to spoil his mood and I will have to lie even if I wanted to leave.

...

Restaurant was quite far from the mall we went for the movie. I really wished to reach there early. I hoped Jake was okay and that he had his dinner. What if he never heard the door bell? Oh God! He must be starving.

I called my house's landline. Like literally last ring, even he picked my call on the very last ring. 'Ugh!! Why he is so much like Mr.Agrawal.'

"You had your dinner?" I asked seriously.

"You think I can stay hungry? Yes I did." He replied bored.

"Good! Go to bed early, will be a bit bit late." I informed him.

"What are you? My mom?" He asked and I choked on my own spit.

"Yes.." I told him dramatically "now go to bed." I continued.

"Okay, but bring me some icecream." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"Okay. Bye, Goodnight." I said.

"Goodnight.." With that he hung up. I heard Rey clear his throat from the drivers seats.

"Umm... Family?" He asked.

"Ya' kind of." I lied. I saw the look on his face which clearly showed that he knew I was lying.

"Ohhk.! You know I love kids." He said changing the topic.

"I wish I could say the same." I said laughing.

Within few minutes he pulled in front of  the fancy restaurant he was talking about. I was relieved for my dress choice at the moment.

"Wow.!!" I exclaimed looking at the restaurant, only it's exterior was enough to show that the restaurant was classy and modern. I was exicted to see how would it look from inside. I heard Rey chuckle at my reaction.

"Let's go." He said and with that he pulled me and dragged me inside. At the counter stood a handsome man, I bet his accent would be really sexy. I waited for him to say something but before he could Rey spoke from beside me.

"Reservation for two.." Rey said something about booking and then the redhead beside the handsome guy spoke.

"This way Sir." he said. 'Damn! I wanted to hear his accent' I sighed. We settled in the corner table. The entire restaurant was red and white themed and smelled very refreshing. We started taking about our co-workers just then a waiter dressed in black arrived to take our orders.

"What would you like to have?" Rey asked me.

"What will you have?" I asked him.

"Ummm...Something Italian." He said.

"Ditto." I replied.

"So pizza?" He asked.

"Yeah pizza it is." I agreed.

We ordered pizzas and I ordered salty lime soda where as he ordered sweet lime soda.

He started telling me about all these funny incidents.

"And you know Aarav was about to kill him." He continued his story.

"Huh? Aarav?" I asked. The way he told Aarav seemed liked he was old friends with Mr. Agrawal. Call it my bad luck or perfect timing but the waiter arrived with our food at the same time. I groaned mentally.

"Mmm It smells so good, let's dig in, am starving." With those words he started eating. 'Nice, way to change the topic Rey.' I thought.

Have to admit the food was really good. The kind of pizza I would crave for again and again.

"Mmm.." I moaned as I ate the pizza.

"It's so gooood." I told him.

"I know.." He said chuckling. After a little  more of flirting from his side and talking we left the restaurant.

...

We were on the way to my place. He was driving and I was in the passanger seat.

"So did you enjoy?" He asked.

"A lot, it was fun." I told him honestly. Actually I never felt like I was on a date, I felt like I was hanging out with a cute best friend of mine.

"And what else, tell me something?" He asked. 'What should I tell him? Umm... What he wants to know?' I wondered.

"Uh.. What do you want to know?" I asked him.

"Anything random." He said smiling but his gaze was fixed on the road.

"Hmm... I make this weird sound when I laugh really hard." I said blushing. And all of a sudden car came to a halt. I looked around and found that we were outside my house. He looked towards me with raised eyebrows.

"I want to see you laugh." He said winking. Ohh! Now he is trying to flirt. I rolled my eyes and got out of the car. He followed me and came to my side.

"What? I am serious." He exclaimed. I giggled at his childish demand.

"I can't laugh because you want to see me laugh." I told him. He raised his eyebrow and came closer to me.

"Ohh.. By the way, are you ticklish?" He asked.

"Yeah...!! Very ACTU..." I stopped myself as it sinked in my little brain what he was planning to do.

"Ohh! No no, you won't." I said backing away as he came closer.

"Oh.. Hell yes I will." He said and started tickling me, I started laughing and then I tried to run away and luckily was successful but he followed me. I ran as fast as I could, circling the car but he kept following me.

After few minutes of running and him trying to catch me he succeeded but I was lucky that he didn't start ticking me again.. We both were out of breath and stood there panting and trying to catch our breath. I laughed seeing the childish way he was trying to make me laugh.

"Awesome you are.." He told me in between taking deep breaths and just then my house's door jerked opened with a loud bang. 'What? Who was in my house?' I wondered.

And Mr. Agrawal came in sight.

_________

So what do you guys think??

VOTE!! COMMENT!!
                                    - D.love