35. Your son?

Guys don't be a ghost reader, point out my flaws, point out what you think should have happened.
I would love to hear from you guys.
_________

Within 15 minutes Agrawal's car was right beside mine. I couldn't imagine how fast he would have drove. He got out of his car and ran towards mine. I opened the car's backseat door for him.

"Lemme open the door." I said pointing towards my house. He just nodded and effortlessly he picked up Jake on his shoulder. I quickly unlocked the door and moved aside so that he could enter with Jake.

"I think we should take him to the hospital, he is burning." I told Mr. Agrawal.

"Do you know the nearest hospital is around 45 minutes away." He replied.

"No on the way to office there was one, I just saw yesterday." I informed him.

"The Kulkarni's ! No that's the cheapest you would come across what service will they provide." He said. He was for sure a womanizer plus orthodox.

"Okay we should atleast get him changed. I will bring him some clothes." I told him and sprinted towards my bedroom.

Earlier at Uncle John's place I had the crazy habit to steal his son's Robert as in my cousin's clothes as he was in US for his further studies. So I used to sneak in his room and steal his T-shirt to wear as my night dress. He was XXL so his T-shirts were comfy for me.

I looked for his T-shirts in my wardrobe and there were around 6 of them. I grabbed the nicest two and two towels and ran downstairs.

"Here." I said to Mr.Agrawal holding a towel for Jake in front of him. He took the towel from my hand. I placed the extra towel and T-shirt I brought for Jake and Mr. Agrawal on the couch. His clothes were also damp from lifting Jake.

"I will get you some coffee and medicines for Jake." with that I went to the kitchen. I found the medicines and thermometer. Making coffee for Mr. Agrawal without vodka I went back to were they were sitting.

"Where is the bedroom?" Mr.Agrawal asked holding Jake in his arms. He had changed Jake into one of the T-shirts I brought. I pointed upstairs.

He placed Jake on my bed. I placed his coffee on the bedside table and gave him the medicine for Jake and the thermometer. He measured his temperature and it seemed to be really high, it was clear to make it out from his worried expression.

"Bring some ice cold water and a cloth strip." He ordered. I just nodded and went to the kitchen and grabbed whatever he asked for in a hurry.

"Here." I gave him what he asked for. I saw that he had given Jake the medicine I brought. He started placing the cloth soaked in cold water on Jake's head. I have never seen him show so much concern for anyone. Who is he for him? Is Jake really who I think he is?

"I will do it. You should probably change you are wet and the coffee is getting cold." I offered.

"Thanks for letting us in." He said much more kindly than I expected Mr.Agrawal to say.

"It's absolutely alright." I told him with a smile.

He gave me the cloth to place on Jake's head I touched his skin it was still hot but better than earlier. He looked so peaceful so adorable sleeping, just like a puppy.

...

After two hours of taking care of him his body temperature had dropped and was normal again. He woke up once and I fed him some soup and then he fell asleep again. Mr. Agrawal was still in his somewhat damp shirt and suit talking to someone on phone.

"Okay just let me know." I heard Mr.Agrawal say to someone on the other line.

"So how is he now?" He asked me.

"He's doing well now." I smiled reassuringly at Mr.Agrawal.

"So you stay by yourself always?" He asked me, a hint of curiosity in his voice. He had been acting nice to me today and I didn't want to spoil his mood. After all I had to work with him.

"Yup." I told him looking towards sleeping Jake.

"So do you usually buy men's clothes huh?" He asked and I remembered  that he was asking me about the T-shirts I gave him to change.

"No, actually." I paused why should I tell him everything about myself when he never shares anything about himself " they are not mine." I continued. Taking a deep breath to brace myself I asked the question that was nagging me.

"Is he your son?" I asked him calculating their age. If Jake was 7 and Mr. Agrawal around 24 then he must've had Jake at the age of 18. I gasped, that's not even the legal age for men to get married in this country.

"Does it matter to you if I say yes?" He questioned.

"No, it's.. Uh..." was my reply. I really didn't know what to say. Was Jake really his son?

"Um.. Your clothes are still a bit wet you should change." I told him looking anywhere but at him.

"I don't wear used cloths." He said. I rolled my eyes. 'Life goes attitude doesn't huh?'

__________

Vote!! Comment!!!

- D.love