17. Touch

After the dance there was murmuring all around us. I had been so engulfed in the music that I hadn't noticed that everyone was staring at me Mr. Agrawal. On the side of the dance floor Laila was staring at us with a look that was a mixture between shock and confusion. Mr. Agrawal, who was catching his breath, seemed to be happy.

Laila rushed towards us, dragging Mr. Johnson with her. She had a smile on her face now and when she reached me she raised an eyebrow expectantly. I stared at her blankly, what did she want?

"I didn't know he could dance like that!" She whisper yelled the words into my ear, it was apparent by now that Laila, Mr. Johnson and Mr. Agrawal had known each other for a little while.

I leaned in closer to her so we could converse without anyone eavesdropping, "I didn't either." Not like I know much about Mr. Agrawal, I added mentally.

"Ever hear of the saying, that goes like, if a man doesn't know how to dance then he doesn't know how to," she wiggled her eyebrows suggestively, "and he dances like a pro." I blushed and shoved her gently as the meaning of her words sank in.

"No, but I've heard never to trust a man who can dance." I quickly retorted.

Laila rolled her eyes, "I don't know why you're fighting it when its so obviously there."

I smiled cheekily, "What's it?"

Laila just shook her head and went to go talk to Mr. Agrawal and Johnson. I turned to go join her when I noticed Andrew sitting at the bar and staring at me weirdly and went over to see what was up.

"Well if it isn't Andrew-hey-I-should-abandon-the-girl-who-I-asked-to-dance," I said as I slid into a chair next to Andrew.

Andrew looked up from his drink and smiled at me sheepishly, "Sorry about that, I had to keep up company appearances."

I smirked a bit, "Hmm, this coming from a guy who just told me that rules are made for breaking."He smiled weakly and he took a gulp of his drink. As I watched him I realized that 1.) something was wrong and 2.) he was completely and utterly smashed.

"Hey what's wrong?"

"Nothing, why would there be something wrong,"

I rolled my eyes, if guys just came to terms with their feelings instead of acting all macho about them the world would be a much better place.

"There is to something wrong,"

Andrew nursed a bit more of his drink before sighing and finally breaking down,

"You kind of remind me of this girl that I've been crushing on for a little while now, I just found out that her family is hoping for her to get engaged to some other guy,"

I raised my eyebrows in surprise, Andrew didn't come off as the type to shy away from letting a girl know that he liked her.

"So why don't you just confess to her?"

Andrew looked at me like I was crazy, "Confess to her? What if she dosen't like me? I mean I'm not good looking and I don't even have a lot of money."

I laughed, was our world really so crazy that one of the hottest men I had met in my entire life thought that he was ugly?

"Dude, I don't know if you've noticed, but every girl in this room is just waiting for you to get drunk so that they can jump your bones. You're good looking, and you're a really nice guy so any girl would be crazy not to even consider going out with you."