15. Party ....

We, meaning, me and Mr. Agrawal, left the hotel at 10:00 PM. Mr. Johnson was hosting a party for all the representatives as a way for everyone to relax after spending so much time working to put together their presentations. I for one applauded this move, who knew what a tense angry business rep would do if they were allowed to sit in their disappointment?

I watched Mr. Agrawal out of the side of my eye as we waited for the elevator to arrive, he had been suspiciously quiet since the presentation. He seemed to be deep in thought about something. I found myself wishing that I could drill through his thick skull and see what he was thinking about.

"What?"

I jumped, Mr. Agrawal had noticed me staring at him, "Nothing, just-"

The elevator doors slid open and I suddenly saw nothing but boobs. Very familiar boobs. It was the blonde receptionist, Lilly, from the night we checked in. Yeah, it's weird that the first and only identifying thing that I noticed about her was her boobs. But in my defense they were huge, bigger than any I'd ever seen in my life. Not that I'm saying that I go around looking at boobs or anything.

"Oh Mr. Agrawal, just the person I was looking for!" Lilly said, as we stepped onto the elevator."

I heard Mr. Agrawal sigh before turning to address the blonde, "Really? And why is that?"

"You're car is ready to go."Mr. Agrawal leaned against the back wall of the elevator and crossed his arms, "Thank you for going out of your way to bring them here."

I snickered a bit at Mr. Agrawal's gibe, but Lilly was undeterred, "No problem! Our hotel strives to give guests the best experience possible."

She wrapped her arm around Mr. Agrawals and leaned in closer to whisper into his ear. It wasn't as much whispering as whisper yelling which is basically the same thing as talking out loud softly.

"I heard that you were the wealthiest man in your city,"

"Yeah I guess I am." Mr. Agrawal said as he pulled his arm out of her grip.

"That is so cool! I mean, you're so humble for a rich person."

I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes at the little exchange going on behind me, Lilly's annoying clinginess bothered me for some reason.

Mr. Agrawal chuckled at Lilly's comment, "I'm sure some people wouldn't agree with you."

I felt his eyes on the back of my head, he obviously meant me.

The elevator doors opened signaling our arrival to the basement of the hotel and thankfully cutting off any more comments from Lilly.

—-

I was a little nervous about interacting with different people at the party. I glanced over at Mr. Agrawal who was resting his head against the window with his eyes closed. He looked like he was burdened with the weight of the world, and his eyebrows furrowed together in frustration even as he slept. A lock of hair fell into his face and I had the urge to tuck it back behind his ear. My hand was inches away from his face when his eyes flew open and he stared straight up at me, I pulled my hand away and slid back over to my side of the car.

I felt a blush slowly creep up onto my cheeks, as he stared at me waiting for an explanation,"I just...you had a strand of hair in your face."

He tucked the strand of hair back behind his ear, and cleared his throat uncomfortably, "Oh, thank you."I nodded and pulled out my phone to distract from the increasingly awkward climate of the car.

I checked my text messages and noticed one from my uncle John, it read:

"Kiara. Call me back soon. We need to talk."

I was tempted to call him right then and there, but we were pulling up to the party hall and I probably wouldn't have enough time to even say hello. So I resolved to call him later.

The party was at it's climax when we arrived. People were stumbling out for a breath of fresh air or a smoke or two others were engaging in behaviour that I wasn't sure they would be happy about the next morning.

I had to jog a bit to keep up with Mr. Agrawals long strides across the party hall lobby, we were about to enter the main party hall when Mr. Agrawal suddenly stopped without warning, causing me to run straight into the back of him.

"What the-"

Mr. Agarwal held his hand up to cut me off, "You're to stay with me and I mean directly at my side throughout his entire event. Meaning you will not dance with anyone, accept a drink from anyone or leave my side without permission. Understand?"

And we were back in business. I nodded my head and followed Mr. Agrawal into the pounding party hall.

Three attractive young girls immediately surrounded Mr. Agrawal, "You're that guy from Freedom Inc. yeah?"

Mr. Agrawal smiled at them, "I'm that guy. And who might you pretty ladies be?"

The girls giggled and swatted his arm, "I'm Scarlett." Said the red headed girl, "And I'm Claire." said the brown haired girl, "And that's Hailey." Scarlet and Claire said as they pointed to their short brown haired companion.

Mr. Agrawal smiled at their antics and went walking off with them, leaving me to push through the crowd in hopes of keeping him in sight.

I was about to reach them when I felt someone tug on my arm,

"Hey! I didn't think you'd be here."

I stared at the man before it dawned on me, it was Andrew Young from the presentations, God everything about him was gorgeous. From the way he smiled to the way his blonde curls fell messily into his face, plus he was nice! I tried my best to come off as calm and cool."Yeah, I'm just here with my boss. Have to make sure that the company stays afloat ya know?"

Andrew laughed, "Can you take your eyes off you boss for a few moments?"

I squinted my eyes at him in mock suspicion, "Depends on what you want to do?"

"Well I was going to ask you to get a drink with me but if you're too busy I can-"

"I think I can take some time off for a drink." Mr. Agrawal was too busy with everyone else to even notice that I was gone.

Andrew grinned, "Great!"

He steered us through the crowd and to the bar where he ordered a whisky,

"And what would you like?"

I eyed the menu apprehensively, I wasn't about to get smashed again and wake up with no memory. "I'll have a salty soda."

Andrew stared at me in surprise, "Have a little fun mate!"

"I have to make sure my boss makes it back home safely," Mr. Agrawal was on his 5th vodka and it didn't look like he was stopping anytime soon, one of us had to be in their right minds at the end of this night.

"Oh come on your boss is a big boy, he can take care of himself.," Andrew turned to the bartender, "She'll have a red wine."

_______________________

let me know about the story so far?

VOTE!!COMMENT!! =)

QUESTION:- What's your age?

- D.love