40. Addictive coffee.

Do share, comment, vote my book if you like it...
____
Accepting that I love him or even like him was difficult for me. I was never the kind who fell in love easily. I always thought that I could never like such an arrogant man.

He had occupied my mind and heart completely, when I drank coffee I remembered how he liked his coffee. When I closed my eyes I saw him smiling. When I smiled my brain reminded me of the compliment he gave. Every single thing was related to him. When I was changing it reminded me of his shirt. Everything revolved around him.

I started walking upstairs towards my bedroom in deep thoughts then I  remembered about Jake. So I rushed to his room. I opened the door slowly so that I wouldn't wake him up.

He was sleeping but when I walked closer I heard him sobbing softly. I switched on the lights and I was shocked to see he was crying in his sleep.

His face red, eyebrow knitted and he had pressed his lower lip tightly which supressed his voice. I was wondering, why would he be crying, that too in his sleep? What would have happened with him?

Seeing him crying I suddenly didn't want to let him sleep the entire night on his own. I ran a hand on his eyebrows to ease the frown, then I quickly ran to my room and changed into the first PJs and top I saw and taking my shawl, without which I wasn't able to sleep a single night, I went to the guest room.

I closed the door and lied down beside him. I patted him on his chest and forehead, trying to soothe him. After approximately 5 minutes he stopped sobbing. He looked so peaceful and innocent at that moment, as if he could never every hurt any one, like an angel. But he was a little devil in an angel's disguise, afterall he was just like Agrawal. After sometime I too drifted off to sleep.

...

When I woke up, Jake was still asleep so I decided to get ready, make some breakfast and then get to work. I groaned. Jake had kicked the duvet from over him and now the duvet was lying on the ground. So I picked the duvet and covered him.

I started walking to my room for a quick shower, then I got dressed into formals as usual, walking into the kitchen I started preparing pancakes for Jake and myself.

After the breakfast was ready, I went to wake Jake up. When I entered the guest room I saw that Jake was already awake. But he was still lying on the bed. He was staring at the ceiling. I walked closer to him and cleared my throat to get his attention.

"Breakfast is ready, aren't you hungry?" I asked him.

"Very" he answered. I went to the wardrobe and gave him his clothes, the same football jersey which he had managed to soak with water day before yesterday. He gave me a small smile seeing his Ronaldo Jersey.

"Freshen up." I told him and with that I left the room.

Now I didn't know what to do with Jake, should I bring him to office with me? Or should I tell him to stay here instead. But then again he will be on his own. I didn't want to talk to Mr Agarwal after yesterday, but it seemed like I didn't have any other option.

I called him and surprisingly he picked my call earlier than I expected. He talked before I could even say hello.

"Yes?" He asked. His voice was rough, so manly that it gave me tingles.' Stop it Kiara, focus.' I told myself.

"Umm... Jake.' I said. I was glad that he understood what I was asking about.

"Can you drop him at my place?" He asked.