24. Embarrassment

____________________________

He parked the car outside my house and then came by my side and helped me to hop out of the passenger seat.

I smiled at him for his exchange of kindness, feeling myself began to melt in his embrace. My heart thumped against my chest twice as fast, as if it was on double duty.

His tender touch and gentle smile always made my heart skip a beat or heart to race at an unusual pace.

The first thing that caught my eye was my baby my Porsche, parked bedside my house. I literally jumped for joy just from seeing my car.

 "Oh my god, thank you so much!" I gasped loudly, chuckling as I stared my car. I glanced back at the man when I caught his gaze that seemed to be locked on me. I raised my eyebrows up at him in question.

"You look really hot when you laugh, you know that?" He murmured, staring softly in my eyes. Our gazes locked on each other for mere seconds.

Then his words slowly sinked into my brain and my cheeks flamed. (put her thoughts tilted. Like that I button in the chapter works.) Oh my god, what did he just say?I felt like I was in a dream, flowing softly by.

That was the sweetest compliment I've ever heard from anyone. Maybe he wasn't as rude as I originally thought him to be.I mean, I just came from the hospital looking like total shit and he still thinks I look hot when I laugh. And I laugh taking pauses which is really weird.

Justin, my childhood friend, used to tease me by calling me 'Speed Breaker' because of my unusual laugh.That's why I never laugh in any picture, I just smile because honestly, I was secretly ashamed about the way I laugh.

I was sure that my laugh was something to be embarrassed about until now; now I was red as a tomato.He suddenly tore his gaze away from mine and gently pushed the small of my back, "Let's get you inside," He said. I nodded and bent down, taking the spare key from under the mat and unlocking my door in a matter of seconds.

When we walked in, the only  thing I could think of was avoiding my messy room at all costs. I did not want to welcome him into my house with a clear view of my undergarments scattered everywhere.

My house was always clean--well aside from my room because things are a lot easier to find when it's unorganized and is right where you left it.

He strolled to the kitchen, only glancing back to me to ask whether I wanted tea or coffee. Somebody pinch me, I felt as if I were dreaming.

"Uh no, I don't want any but I can make you something if you'd like." I said, walking in front of him to the kitchen before I was stopped by elbow.

"No, I don't want anything either." He answered, shocking me. It was odd for him to say no to coffee, giving his addiction to it.

"Are you tired? Do you want to rest?" He gently pushed me away from the kitchen. I nodded. It felt nice yet surreal to see his caring side.

"I can stay if you want?" He asked. Just standing beside him makes my heart feel like it just finished a marathon, how in the world will I be able to rest knowing that he is here, in my house? And there is no way I'll let him come anywhere near my messy room.

"No!" I nearly shouted almost as instantly as his proposal came. He raised an eyebrow as my abruptness and I chuckled nervously.

"I just want to rest is all. . ."

"Oh!" His eyes brightened at the realization.

"Alright then, see you on Monday if you feel better." He gave me a gentle, caring smile and then he was gone.